Just SeaFoamed the Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll giver a shot tomorrow then. So just pull the hose out of the grommet on the left of the brake fluid container looking aft? Seems easy enough.

No not out of the fluid container, the 8-10 inch round black booster, there is a large line running from that to the manifold along the firewall.

Caddis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a shot looking at the reservoir and the booster (black)
hose2.jpg

Here's me pointing at the hose you take off and use to suck up the SeaFoam
hose.jpg

Now I am no gearhead, I don't work on much under the hood, this was a ten minute job, including the five minutes to wait for it to settle in. Good luck. Sorry for pic quality, I took it with my cell phone.

Last edited:

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats what I was talking about. Cool I'll try it.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carbon flush I guess. But on Truck You the show they are doing something with Z MAX what about that stuff?

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nevermind I guess the ZMAX is a lubrication product.

blackdenalixl

Reaction score
I Just did this to my Denali. Not as much smoke as expected but still seems to idle a little smoother. I did this once to a navigator I had and neighbors were coming out of the house to see if I was ok..lol Smoke for days!

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have prob. My brakes are hydraulic pressurized from the power steering pump. So where do I get a vacuum from? I'm just getting familiar with newer vehicles...lol

I dont have the black booster

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4th time I posted this please read all the info is here http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=3744

It didn't explain my situation and its in the 1999 forum so keep it there. If your gonna bitch why say anything.

My engine setup seems to differ from my Haynes manual so I gotta look into it. I really don't care if I do it or not either. Although I appreciate your thread it helped so far.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
taken from the above thread I posted

5. Remove the hose end from the black box; you'll hear the vacuum and the car's idle change.
* If your car stalls out, then use the middle hose that attaches to the passenger side of the throttle body. It's an L-shaped piece of hose, that connects to a black box mounted on the pass. side of the intake manifold. Pull the end connected to that box, and use that for sucking the liquid in, detailed below

It didn't explain my situation and its in the 1999 forum so keep it there. If your gonna bitch why say anything.

My engine setup seems to differ from my Haynes manual so I gotta look into it. I really don't care if I do it or not either. Although I appreciate your thread it helped so far.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrenchguy, take a pic of you engine bay, pretty much in the same spot as the other one on this thread, and we can help you with the correct hose, I actually seafoamed my Yukon this last weekend and think that it helped a little, haven't driven it enough yet to be able to tell (hosing out my throttle body helped alot more because it was dirty enough to cause my rough idle). Doing the seafoam was WAY too easy, and gave out quite the smoke show for the neighbors (nearly blanketed the neighbors whole house with white smoke:D ). Post the pics and we'll help you!!

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm over it at this point I will attack it later. The hose on the intake manifold where you take the actual vacuum gauge to isn't there its different. Its capped off and stuff. I have a pic from my audio stuff. It was enough that someone noticed it was hydraulic brake.

IMG_0680.jpg

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you were indeed correct, you do have a completely different setup then we all thought. I am not sure after looking at the pic of where a good hose would be to do the seafoam since you obviously have a different setup. My advise would be to ask a stealership or a repair shop and see if they would know of a good hose with vacuum going to the manifold to do the deed! Sorry I couldn't help more, if the truck was in front of me I would be able to find something, hard with a pic though!! Good luck and let us know what you find out!!

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you try this ?

taken from the above thread I posted

5. Remove the hose end from the black box; you'll hear the vacuum and the car's idle change.
* If your car stalls out, then use the middle hose that attaches to the passenger side of the throttle body. It's an L-shaped piece of hose, that connects to a black box mounted on the pass. side of the intake manifold. Pull the end connected to that box, and use that for sucking the liquid in, detailed below