Just want to drop the rear to match the front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sstahoe22

Reaction score
I used 3 in Belltec drop springs to level out my 06. it looks good now. the drop was with in 1/2"

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pressurized gas shocks don't affect the ride height; the springs do. The shocks only dampen the spring's compression and rebound forces. The shock extenders only put the stock shocks back into its effective range of travel.
Exactly what I thought, but why did the Eibach 2" drop springs only lower my 3/4"? They were used too so I would think if anything, used would be lower.

Mark

Reaction score
I used 3 in Belltec drop springs to level out my 06. it looks good now. the drop was with in 1/2"

Lower in back than front?

Exactly what I thought, but why did the Eibach 2" drop springs only lower my 3/4"? They were used too so I would think if anything, used would be lower.

For some reason, the 2'' springs on the Tahoes have very limited drop. I had the DJM CS2000-R2 2'' rear coils on mine, and the back only dropped 1/2''. Then I switched to the 3'' DJM CS2000-R3 coils and the back sat a 1/2'' lower than the front :mad2:

I just want it leveled. I figured the shock extenders would help, but I haven't ordered them yet. I see the post above says the shock extenders won't make a difference in ride height. So that doesn't make me happy. I just don't see why the 2'' springs won't "LEVEL" our Tahoes out, they only drop them 1/2'' to 3/4'', instead of the 2'' we want.

My only other option is to put my 3'' springs back in and crank the torsion bars a 1/2'' down in front to get the level look I want.