LED DRL's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because GM DRL's have flunctuating/pulsing voltage, sometimes too low and sometimes too high which causes them to blow out quick, that why most pre 2007 Tahoe models are constantly missing one of the DRL's!
Bulbs can handle it so get some of those!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put LED drls in the silverado, white, today got stopped and told they were blue and to take them out cause thier illeagle. Took them out and put them back in tonight. Just kinda a word of caution if you have anal cops who stop you for stupid stuff. But they look awsome!!!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT its gonn slowly fail, I had them in my Tahoe and after one month one side had only 6/12 LED's working, and the other side had 3/12 working.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT its gonn slowly fail, I had them in my Tahoe and after one month one side had only 6/12 LED's working, and the other side had 3/12 working.

I put them in the reverse lights, Dont want to risk another ticket. She gave me a 50 dollar equipment ticket. Bitch. I hate women cops, and I really hate Ugly women cops. :cuss:

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahaha RT who doesent!!! i got pulled over for having that fog light conversion kid to the 9005 silverstars, by a women and she said she couldents see her mirrios with them on and it is illeagle to ride with them on i told her they were automatic and i didnt know they were on she let me go but she was still a bitch

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahaha RT who doesent!!! i got pulled over for having that fog light conversion kid to the 9005 silverstars, by a women and she said she couldents see her mirrios with them on and it is illeagle to ride with them on i told her they were automatic and i didnt know they were on she let me go but she was still a bitch

My issue was she new her chit. I said I cant turn them off their DRL's she said "my husband has a silverado, just turn the knob once and they should stay off" then I asked why they were illeagle when they are not my actual headlights. She said blue is not allowed on a non working vehicle, I said they dont blink or flicker, and are not my headlights. She fumbled and said " I will be right back" thinking she was calling to ask somthing. she came back with my licence, insurance and registration and a ticket and a january 17th court date at 9 a.m. :mad3:

funny thing is I have 9005 silverstars in my fogs too. Got ultras in the fogs and highs until I can get HIDS. :cool2:

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i talked to the superbrightled people and they said the same thing yall did that they burn out real quickly. so i canceled my order for those but still ordered these for the backup lights. it says they are brighter than regular bulbs and it may or may not be the case but since i put LED's in the license plate i figured id match with the reverse. besides i dont need that much light to back up, im not really anywhere thats theres not a street lamp, and if i do run into that problem well oh well ill be ok! :brsh1:

heres what i ordered for the reverse (the last one)

http://superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi

ok dont think the linky is worky but i got the more expensive 7440 LED bulb... hope it works

and since i already ordered them, i was curious as to what the difference with the 7440 and the 7443 are? i know ones single and ones dual, but what would be the difference in light or why one vs the other? :zav:

thanks

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didnt buy them so... hehe, who cares...:D

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Judging from the hits on this thread ….. over 100 people.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i just switched my LED drls around and they work now..shoulda done it 4 months ago with i got them haha..they look pretty sweet imo

DSCN0271.jpg

DSCN0270.jpg

wmgood64

Reaction score
I have led drls in my silverado since 12/07 with no trouble 07-99 Silverado Hyper Blue LED Daytime Running Bulb Paid 37.99 a pair on e-bay!

Rawkuz323

Reaction score
I wish I could use these lights on my hoe but i can't!! My headlights stay on the whole day and even tho i turn them off my DRL's don't turn on..i've tried chenging the light bulb and no luck, checked fuses..what else should i check??