LED tail lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headlight question for PatrykKoul - not trying to jack the tail light thread...

Hey PatrykKoul, I noticed you're "around" here again -- question for ya on your headlights. How'd you clear out the amber on your white Denali's headlights? Did you do it, or did you get a shop to do it, or what? If you did it, was it difficult, and how 'bout a quick write up? Thanks man! :yesnod:

On topic, I went with the IPCW tails (link in my sig below), and no issues with flashers (built in load resistors work just fine with factory harness), and no issues with condensation inside. I do like the look of the three rows of LEDs though! :thumbsup: The Esky tails look great -- did you ever get around to changing the upper cover to match the more square contour of the tails?

rockrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed after a car wash yesterday that my tails had a small amount of condensation in the reverse light, but today it was gone. I was getting ready to be pissed, hopefully this isn't a reoccuring theme for mine. Props on the K2's, I like!

Last edited:

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not yet... i actualy got a new pair of load resistors from the local auto parts and did not fix the issue..

For those with other type of LED tail lights.. can you please confirm how many load resistors per side did you got... does anyone have a pic of them? I have contacted the seller on this hopefully he will come back with something positive.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PatDenali5.jpg

These are the OEM Esky ones

Man, I absolutely LOVE your wheel/tire combo!!! They look perfect! I actually downloaded your pics for future ref if I ever decide to get some... What size are they? 22s, 24s? Are they BOSS's?

rockrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so now I feel better. I paid more but got a product that fits great and flashes the way it is supposed to. It does sound like a resistor problem. It would probably be easier to wire one in line than it would be to return them. Sorry about your bad luck.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does this one fit on the 07 tahoe?? does anyone know where exactly does the flasher goes on our trucks??

Thanks for the info!! Slammed..

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE

I was avail to communicate with K2 Motorsports.. please find comments on original post.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM (K2 MOTORSPORTS)... PRODUCT LACKS PROPER LOAD RESISTORS TO OPERATE AND SELLER IS NOT HELPING WITH DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.

:) Im not mad.. just want to make sure you all dont make the same mistake I did.

If I have any futher updates I will let you"ll know.

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine finding a resistor would be too tough. Sure would like to get those K2s.

There is no flasher on the NBSs

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not yet... i actualy got a new pair of load resistors from the local auto parts and did not fix the issue..

For those with other type of LED tail lights.. can you please confirm how many load resistors per side did you got... does anyone have a pic of them? I have contacted the seller on this hopefully he will come back with something positive.

I would guess 1 resistor per side, if the only issue is the blink rate and depending on how they're wired. The single resistor would "hook" to the neg and the pos before the turn signal........not just inline on the positive side, that's where alot of people get it wrong.

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine finding a resistor would be too tough. Sure would like to get those K2s.

There is no flasher on the NBSs

How much $$ do you get from K2 for your support?? J/K

I guess that when you buy something regarless if it cost less than others you expect they work properly, specialy if their is nothing stating they are defective or need any mods.. if you have been advice and still buy it then it becomes your own problem and dont have anything to cry about.

I just got the load resistors today from superbrightleds.com Highly recomended vendor!! I will install them today and hopefully they will work. I was advice that you need a 50W resistor in order to fix issue. Local auto parts stores such as Auto Zone only sell 25W. (Two load resisotrs are needed per side.. one for the stop lights and other for the turning signals.. The computer some how notice the missing load from the stop signals and its way to notify the driver is also by flashing the blinking signals faster).

Attachments

• Tahoe2.jpg
    Tahoe2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 12

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much $$ do you get from K2 for your support?? J/K

I guess that when you buy something regarless if it cost less than others you expect they work properly, specialy if their is nothing stating they are defective or need any mods.. if you have been advice and still buy it then it becomes your own problem and dont have anything to cry about.

I just got the load resistors today from superbrightleds.com Highly recomended vendor!! I will install them today and hopefully they will work. I was advice that you need a 50W resistor in order to fix issue. Local auto parts stores such as Auto Zone only sell 25W. (Two load resisotrs are needed per side.. one for the stop lights and other for the turning signals.. The computer some how notice the missing load from the stop signals and its way to notify the driver is also by flashing the blinking signals faster).

No money from K2..............Honestly Laredo just trying to help ya get them right, so you can walk me thru mine when I get 'em. :D

50w sounds like a ton......Radio Shacks carry a few if ya need. Please make sure you do a diagram and let us know what ohm and wattage those resistors are......good luck mate. Post some more pics when you're done.

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys this will fix the fast blinking issue I am surprised nobody has seen my posts heres some more info on it

3 PIN RED ELECTRONIC LED FLASHER BLINKER FIX $16.59

Electronic LED Flasher

3-Pin Turn Signal Fix
This 12 V, 30 Watt Electronic Flasher replaces your standard thermal flasher. This will solve LED related turn signal problems such as hyper flashing, no flashing, or burnt out bulb indications.These are designed for ISO system ONLY they will not work with the JSO system.

Standard Features
Eliminates the need for load resistors
Simple Plug N' Play installation
Easily adaptable to most motorcycles
Measures 3cmx3cm 1-1/8"x1-1/8"
You Get:
1 Electronic LED Flasher

Yeah but what about this ?? 3 PIN RED ELECTRONIC LED FLASHER BLINKER FIX

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys this will fix the fast blinking issue I am surprised nobody has seen my posts heres some more info on it

3 PIN RED ELECTRONIC LED FLASHER BLINKER FIX $16.59

Electronic LED Flasher

3-Pin Turn Signal Fix
This 12 V, 30 Watt Electronic Flasher replaces your standard thermal flasher. This will solve LED related turn signal problems such as hyper flashing, no flashing, or burnt out bulb indications.These are designed for ISO system ONLY they will not work with the JSO system.

Standard Features
Eliminates the need for load resistors
Simple Plug N' Play installation
Easily adaptable to most motorcycles
Measures 3cmx3cm 1-1/8"x1-1/8"
You Get:
1 Electronic LED Flasher

Dude.............The NBSs don't have a flasher relay, unless you know something we don't. I looked all over for mine when I saw your thread and saved the web page in my favorites :)

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys.... we have come to the end of this story..

The problem was solved.. one extra load resistor per side place (Turn signals) on the negative end positive ends of the plug and done deal.

Total cost to resolve problem $4.95 x resistor plus $5.00 shipping.

*Note tail lights come with Load resistors for the stop lights you only need one load resisotor extra pers side that will be conected to the turn signals. ( Do not installed them on your stop lights.. they get very very hot and can melt the surface where they end up been place).

Pictures attached. My applogies I did not took pictures on how the resistor were conected but that should be common sence..

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XQ8DPgLQNE

Attachments

• Tahoe2 032.jpg
    Tahoe2 032.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Tahoe2 035.jpg
    Tahoe2 035.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Tahoe2 037.jpg
    Tahoe2 037.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: