Lift gate and rear window wont open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Lemon

Reaction score
I cannot open my lift gate and rear window on my '05 Yukon. All the doors unlock except for the rear. How do I open it manually? I thought about using a brick, but my wife thinks there might be a better way.

Yukon Lemon

Reaction score
That's pretty good. I didn't think of using a golf club. I finally got the dam thing opened. The electrical actuator was bad. The dealer want 312 bucks for a new one. The local junk yards don't have any, and dismantlers only sell the whole door.

tekkitan

Reaction score
can you open it from the inside or no? sometimes the mechanisms stick on my gate and i have to break out the wd40

jeepmonkey

Reaction score
Holy Hell.....$312!!!!! I just experienced the same thing on my '05 and have concluded that it is the actuator. There is a plastic gear inside that has two teeth missing. I'm going to keep searching the classifieds and junkyards. Did you happen to get a part number for it? I found two numbers on mine 25001738/1736 and NAPA couldn't find it in there database.

thissideup

Reaction score
Great!!!!! trouble shooting mine as well. Just what I wanted to hear after installing new axles and tires on the jeep.