lift, rims, tires with pics. Opinions welcome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1CLNTHO

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wanted to post up a pic of my current project and see what you guys think. This site has provided me with some good info and there a lot of good people on it, definitely one of the best boards ive been a part of.

Little info on the truck: 01 z71 Tahoe. Got it as a REPO. 5 grand under the bluebook. Tranny blew 72 hours after purchase so auto export company paid for it. While I was at it I added a shift kit, TQ torque converter, and updated the servos.

New stuff in the next couple weeks will include longtube headers, revamp of the exhaust system (updating from 2.5 to 3 with new tips), and a hypertech hyperpac computer

At 160,000 i will be pulling the 5.3 and putting in the Esce LQ9 6.0.

Stereo: extensive

Any opinions or advise is welcome. Thank you.

and for those who are wondering:
Truxxx 3 inch level lift
Granite Alloy GA 10 20x9 matt blacks
Nitto Mud grappler 33x12.50R20's :cool2:

Other mods include k&n cold air
B/M tranny cooler w/electric thermo fan

Attachments

• IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0639.jpg
    IMG_0639.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 36

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good dude, love the mud grapplers but you better start saving for a new front end with those tires. Check out www.cognitomotorsports.com and get some of their pitman/idler braces along with some Moog tie rods and you'll thank yourself. Also check out some powerslot rotors for all four corners with some hawk ceramic pads.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on a hypertech either, get a custom tune from blackberaperformance along with some good longtubes (Dynatech, Stainless Works, AEM), a mild cam, and a simple intake will really wake the truck up. No need to buy an LQ9 until the 5.3 goes and you'd be surprised how long it will last even with forced induction.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I want to lift mine so bad, but just have to much other stuff that needs my $$$.

Maybe some day....

BH

1CLNTHO

Reaction score
boostaholic,

Thanks for the info on the pitman braces and rods, that was gonna be my holiday project but I hadnt found which ones i liked yet; ill check that out.

1CLNTHO

Reaction score
Thanks metro, its funny you mention the president thing; im a CSO training to be a police officer, and I recently provided protection/crowd control over the summer for the governator out here in CA; talk about amazing tahoes! all were 07 blacks, and I had an opportunity to check them out. All had extensive wiring components with LED light set ups, armor, GPS tracking and satellite radio communications (They are communicating with Sacramento), not to mention the rifle racks- definitely some crazy tahoes, wish i woulda took some pics.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Truck looks tough man. I like it. Boost gave some good advice concerning the pitman and idler braces from Cognito. It'll help keep the steering tight and the components from wearing so quickly, especially with the bigger wheel/tire combo you're running.

teamdime1011

Reaction score
damn bro, that thing is SICK! my buddy with an 04 is lookin to do something along the lines of that, so i'll send him this pic and tell him to do the exact same thing! props!

1CLNTHO

Reaction score
Thanks guys i really appreciate all the compliments and info!

I dont wanna whore the board so i figured id post another question on my thread lol

I am planning on adding electric fans ASAP. I was looking at electric fan set-ups and my buddy stopped by and informed me that 03-up silverados have OEM Electric fans? I was hoping someone could clarify this; if this is true im planning on picking up a setup from a parts distributor and do it that way cause im sure itd be a relatively easy bolt-up. Thanks guys

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I was looking at electric fan set-ups and my buddy stopped by and informed me that 03-up silverados have OEM Electric fans? I was hoping someone could clarify this; if this is true im planning on picking up a setup from a parts distributor and do it that way cause im sure itd be a relatively easy bolt-up. Thanks guys
05+ use electric fans.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05+ efans should be last on your list, get some headers or a cam with a good tune first.