Lighting Write-Up Install Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry Scotto but I don't have and can't really get anymore pics of the IPCW tails than what I have and also some night shots, I stupidly didn't take any dayshots before I left for college.
Look at the Wrong Section thread and those are the only day pics I have apart from the one here

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't and it sucks but atleast I will in the Fall!

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have heard that the leds wont work in the tail lights... for some reason they burn out is this true or just myth?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MYTH....both me and alot of people aboard this forum have them with no problems at all!

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good...but it looks chrome and not black! Well when u go back home..take diff angles... Not too close tho..they seemm a lil blurry! I thought about getn blk lights

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they do look a bit shiny in my pics but when I go home I will take some way better ones with the addition of the 3rd brakelight too.

flynndog

Reaction score
Hitch cover

Nnaboy what brand Hitch cover is that ? Looks better than
dealer ones

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey flyndog its a GM dealer hitch cover.
First and well needed accessory I got for the Tahoe, the dealer one looks real good if you have a black Tahoe/Yukon.
I suggest you get the dealer one too, if you get the Street Scene one you will have to paint it to match your car and then it will come out to be way more expensive than the dealer one!

Pooh Bear

Reaction score
Nnaboy, very good write up. This is exactly why I joined this Forum. Keep it up.

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you dnt have to take off the wheel well panel to change lights

you can just unscrew the screws on the light and the top of the grill and it will wiggle out... with no probs!!! i can do pics if u wnt..

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Rizz that is true and I have done it before but it is very possible to break a clip or scratch your bumper in the process, I broke a clip doing that about 6 months ago with my Left Headlight
Better Safe than Sorry right!

GMz71

Reaction score
yeah, if your not careful you'll break the clips. I have already broke one of them too!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be installing this weekend. Any tips regarding disconnection of the wiring harness? Took a quick look and I have not seen that exact type of connection. Do you need a screwdriver to depress/press the prong(s)? Just asking because it is hard to access with removing the headlight.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To disconnect the harness is easy, just put one finger under it and another on top and depress and push away from you gentley and it will come out.
Just remember to be patient and gentle, its your first time so whatever you do now will determine whether you want to do it again if you need too.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! This thread and your advise will help out a lot :).