Little help.......weird problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't drive my Yukon for a couple weeks, needless to say the battery went dead. Jumped her off and drove it around to recharge the battery and all is well. But............now the remotes don't work for the door unlock and remote start. We only use one of the remotes, so the other is practically new. Neither works. Any ideas?
TIA

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still may have a Gremlin..............both remotes worked for about a half hour after the reprogram, then they stopped. I'm stumped????

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't drive my Yukon for a couple weeks, needless to say the battery went dead. Jumped her off and drove it around to recharge the battery and all is well. But............now the remotes don't work for the door unlock and remote start. We only use one of the remotes, so the other is practically new. Neither works. Any ideas?
TIA

A few months ago I posted THIS THREAD on a bad electric problem that I had with my Tahoe only 2 weeks into owning it. Took it in and it was a stupid wire harness that needed to be re-located. My battery was drained and the computer on the truck went crazy. Since that post I think I've read about 8-12 threads of a similar situation like yours. The best thing to do for anyone that experiences problems like this is take it to the dealer and have them fix it before it gets worse.

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah......................the remotes reprogram for about 5 minutes and then don't work unless I unlock with the key. Just silly.............

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The answer, I have found, is to have the BCM reset by the dealer.

Problem: keyless remotes fail to work unless the vehicle is unlocked with the key, then the remote works for a couple minutes then stops.