Lockpick - radio whistle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I helped my friend install a lockpick in his 07 Tahoe a few months ago. He has a whistle/humm/buzz coming from the speakers recently that went along with the RPM's. He took the lockpick out to bring the truck back to the dealer, and the whistle is gone.

Anyone else have this problem, or know of a work around, or what the problem could be?

Thanks

teemgreen99

Reaction score
It will make the same noise when using the hands free phone feature, speakers make the same noise when you put an aftermarket sound system in there, but there is a filter that is needed to eliminate that noise.

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it whistle all the time or only when you trying to do something?

As far as I know, it only whistles when the RPM's are increasing.

teemgreen99 said:
It will make the same noise when using the hands free phone feature, speakers make the same noise when you put an aftermarket sound system in there, but there is a filter that is needed to eliminate that noise.

Any clue where this filter can be found at?

yourgmsolutions

Reaction score
I had the same problem once. called coastal, and the guy told me if vehicle equiped with rear seat entertainment, then there is a feedback somewhere. but whistle was only when were using phone function. if your whistle is all the time, then more likely ground wire came loose on one of the lockpick connectors

ChiTownTimmay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I experience the same issue you are speaking about. I have a Microsoft Zune and when I am viewing a movie from my Zune on the navigation screen that's when I get the noise. My wife and I tried watching a movie from the Zune on the nav screen on the highway one day and forget about it. We had to turn the volume up because of the wind noise (VERY windy that day) and we just decided to turn it off because the noise was too unbearable. Not sure if there is a fix for this or not, and have yet to find a filter.