Looking For Mud Terrain & All Terrain Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesters.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market to purchase some new tires for my 2001 Tahoe. I'm looking to replace my 33" Pro Comp Mud Terrains with either different kinds of mud terrains or all-terrains. I still would like to keep the aggressive tread look.

What are some tires out there that have the aggressive look but has a long life of tread? I know there hard to find but there has to be some out there. =]

I know BFG All-Terrains/Mud Terrains.. What else?

tahoeman960208

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you like pro-comp go with the xterrain. if you want to switch from pro comp, go with the BFGs like you said or super swamper truxus all terrains look pretty sick. super swamper thornbirds will get you out of any puddle.

Jesters.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 3 inch of lift. No cranked bars yet. I currently run 33's but I MAY be able to fit 35's with a little shaving.. I don't know though!

tahoeman960208

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bet you could fit 35s with trimming the inner fender in the front, rear wont be a problem. plus a lot of tires that are considered 35's are in actuality in between 34 and 35 inches.

Jesters.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, I really do like those Super Swamper TruXus all terrains. But they are around $1,100 and I only paid $500.00 for my Pro Comp Mud terrains. That's a huge price step up for me at the moment. =[

Aquinosteven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of lift are you running? i would go with the BGF ATs or the toyo MT. both very nice tires.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size wheel and what kind of lift? Body lift? I'd get some 315/70/17 pro comp extreme mt they're smaller than a true 35x1250 and should fit with the body lift and a slight crank of the tbars.