Looking to buy a 2007 Yukon Denali Fully Loaded - What price is good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jattsingh

Reaction score
I want to take advantage of the GMC Truck month and get the 0% APR for 60 months. I was looking at a 07 yukon denali fully loaded (nav, leather, the works). What is a good price? MSRP on the one I test drove was $56,000. I was thinking about trying to see if someone would give me one for $52,000 out the door (including taxes, etc). What do you guys think?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to take advantage of the GMC Truck month and get the 0% APR for 60 months. I was looking at a 07 yukon denali fully loaded (nav, leather, the works). What is a good price? MSRP on the one I test drove was $56,000. I was thinking about trying to see if someone would give me one for $52,000 out the door (including taxes, etc). What do you guys think?

Welcome to the forum! You can do WAAAYYYY better than $4K off list. You should start at 12K-14K off, then deal up from there. Dealers are DESPERATE to move these off the lots to make way for the '08s. Search around here -- there's plenty of "deal talk"... Let us know how you make out! :yesnod:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, i got my 06 off the lot when the 07s were coming in at 17,000 off sticker, it was 54,000 and i got it for 37,000, just weeling and dealin, dont be afrade to make a lowball offer.

jattsingh

Reaction score
what if i tell them to give it to me for $45... do you think they would (before taxes and license fees)??

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, you're still too high. Start at $40-42K and negotiate from there. If you get it for less than 45K, you can mail me a check for the difference! :D

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and if you have a trade-in, don't let 'em screw you on that either. Find out the Blue Book price, and factor that into your deal.

Be prepared to walk away from the deal. I walked away from my deal twice before I got what I wanted for what I was willing to pay (trade in was a sticking point for me at the time). Next time I came back, they worked with me and made it happen, but I had to "give" a little too...

Look, don't be afraid to put the screws to the dealer, their job is to do it to you. Believe me, most of them will use every trick in their book to separate you from your money. Arm yourself with information before you set foot in the dealership, and you will always walk out ahead of the game.

Take a friend with you who's more confident with this kind of thing if you have to, then buy him/her a nice steak dinner after you ride around in your new truck!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry -- couple of final thoughts:

1) Don't buy any of the extra crap they will try to sell you after you sign off on the loan / lease papers. Say NO to any wax / wash / sealant programs (typically 1000% markup on that stuff).

2) Unless you buy pre-owned certified (which it does NOT sound like you are), there is generally NO REASON to get an extended warranty, unless you plan on keeping this vehicle for longer than 5 years. Save your money. These trucks are very good.

3) If you get the extended warranty, DO NOT get GAP insurance. Gap insurance insures you for the difference between what you would owe on a vehicle and what an insurance company says it's worth. Generally a waste of money.

If you can stick with these pointers, you will have lots of money left over for truck mods, and other fun stuff like mortgage payments and groceries! :thumbsup:

RandyDenali

Reaction score
Here is what I got on my 07 Denali.

I purchased it on September 15th. At that time the rebate was $2000. My MSRP was $55,600. I walked out the door at $46,100.00. So at the time $9,500 was really good. I got the car for invoice plus the holdback. Right now, It would be about $44,100 if I had the $4000.00 rebate. But, in my area once the $4000 rebate hit, my dealer sold 8 Denail's in one day.

I agree you should be able to get atleast $10,000 off sticker right now for any Denali and probably close to $8,000 - $10,000 on a Tahoe or Yukon.

Good Luck,

Randy

jattsingh

Reaction score
Ok, but the thing is that these guys tell me that they cant give me a rebate because i am financing it with the 0% for 60 months. So I should probably aim for telling them to give me a fully loaded 2007 yukon denali for $42,000?

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased my last two vehicles (both 4wd and ordered with about a six week wait) for invoice. Only a mild bit of hesitation by one dealer who said "invoice plus $500" and then lowered to invoice.

ockevin

Reaction score
Are you in Cali ? They are not dealing as much out here. $42,000 was what my neighbor got the car for through Costco, plus tax and license.

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Interesting conversation. Let me add something to the equation. You guys sound like you are getting better than employee discount.

Example, I too am looking at getting a new Denali. Over the summer I started shopping. The truck I was looking at was also at about 56K. My employee discount brought it to 48K. (plus TTL)

Of course, now I will likely by an '08 but by the sounds of what you are aying here, skip the GMS pricing, and go the haggle route.

Is this true? I always thought GMS / GMO was essentially the "best you could do". (trade-in haggling aside of course) Does anyone know if you can haggle a GMS price?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The deals here are strictly on '07s, since the dealers need these off the lots to make room for the 08's. I betcha you can do a little better than GMS employee pricing on your '08 just by haggling, and then play the GMS card if you need to... When I got my '07, I tried the haggling route, but since the body style was new, there was demand, which worked against me. I did best with using GMS employee pricing and being extremely aggressive on my trade-in negotiations.

jattsingh

Reaction score
yes, i am in cali.. I tried to tell a dealer to get me a fully loaded 07 denali for $44,150, but they said they cant go that low for sure.

OStateFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll chip in my experience buying an '07 LT 4WD earlier this month. I picked it up for invoice minus an additional $1000 dealer rebate and an additional $1000 off from my GM card. No trade-in and nothing down. I did this and still financed at 0% for 60 months.

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
what if i tell them to give it to me for $45... do you think they would (before taxes and license fees)??

your still cutting yourself short..!! btw.. 0% you will need very good credit.. in addtion.. always go with the cash rebates over the 0%.... unless you are 110% certain you are going to keep the vehicle for the full length of the loan stay away from the zero percent

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I got my '07 Yukon XL Denali that MSRP'd at Nearly $55K
for $40,XXX by using GM Friend & Family pricing and the available $6K rebates.

WHEELMAN322

Reaction score
I'm also looking in NJ....If I pull the trigger, this will replace my 07 Infiniti and 06 Tacoma. I want a loaded 08 Denali Short with every option. The one I test drove tonight was $56,500. Not positive if I'm going to finance but I'd like to keep my payments under $700 with nothing down, which means I would have to get the total under $42,000 with tax included.

jattsingh

Reaction score
that is an awesome price... I have some family friends who work for GM, maybe I should ask them.. but the only thing is that the GMC truck month is over...

For what it's worth, I got my '07 Yukon XL Denali that MSRP'd at Nearly $55K
for $40,XXX by using GM Friend & Family pricing and the available $6K rebates.