Lowering Questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to do a 2/3 drop on my 06 Tahoe...I currently have 24" rims with 305/35/24 tires on it...will I have any problems with rubbing/turning?

Any recommendations of brands would be appreciated...PICS would help too

I'm thinking about going with Mcgaughy's 2/3 but not sure...

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently running a 30" tall wheel/tire combo w/ a 2/3 drop and I hear that mine doesn't even look lowered, lol. I don't have any rubbing issues or turning issues. Your wheel tire combo looks to be ~2.5" taller and about an inch wider than mine. I think you should be good to go with no problems.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is dropped 4" with 275/55/20s (32x11) and it rubs slightly when locked and driving up a steep grade. I'm gonna raise my front up about 1/2" for a better alignment and to make sure I don't kiss the fenders since I drive like a lunatic. Spindle 2/3 drop will clear those 305's without issue, peep jk's tahoe with the 3/5 drop and his truck seems pretty chill with the same tire.

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got my drop on the other day, its a belltech 2/3, i have 305/35/24, the rubbing problem i had was in the back on the inner plastic liner but can be pulled off for a easy fix, it also rubs in the front a little on front part of the plastic and a bit on the rear part of the front fender skirt, i will post some pictures up shortly

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I'm running the same tire size combo as yours with a 3/5 drop. Alot of the clearance issues will involve the backspacing of your wheels also. Kandywhips said his rubbed with only a 2/3 drop with the same wheel/tire size as ours. But mine never rubbed front or rear when I did my first drop (2/3). Even now that I dropped it some more to about 3/5, the only rubbing issues I get are hard lock-to-lock turns in the front.

sixty9fordkiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 285 45 24s at stock height and mine would rub if i dropped it at all. Like someone else here said, Its gonna depend on the wheel offset you get!

evilFX

Reaction score
Ok so what is your wheel offset?

I'm running the same tire size combo as yours with a 3/5 drop. Alot of the clearance issues will involve the backspacing of your wheels also. Kandywhips said his rubbed with only a 2/3 drop with the same wheel/tire size as ours. But mine never rubbed front or rear when I did my first drop (2/3). Even now that I dropped it some more to about 3/5, the only rubbing issues I get are hard lock-to-lock turns in the front.

Ok so the 3000 dollar question is; What is your wheel offset?

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kit are you running JKmotorsports? How 'bout you boostaholic? I'm also looking to lower my Tahoe but not sure which kit is better. McGaughy and Belltech seem to be the most popular ones.

I may even look into bagging mine. Anyone here have their rides bagged?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
What kit are you running JKmotorsports? How 'bout you boostaholic? I'm also looking to lower my Tahoe but not sure which kit is better. McGaughy and Belltech seem to be the most popular ones.

I may even look into bagging mine. Anyone here have their rides bagged?

I'm running Mcgaughy's right now with 2" spindles and a set of keys from Springtech, so the front is lowered about 3 1/2" and the rear about 5". Either kit you choose will work great. Both are good companies and have been in the business for years.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock 3/4ton keys up front decranked for around 4" of drop with belltech coils out back and the isolators removed. I measured a stock denali awhile ago and I sat just a hair under 4" lower up front and 4 1/4" lower in the rear. Bagging these trucks is a pain in the ass and I would recommend buying a 2wd pickup as they come stock with coil springs up front.

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the replies guys. Now, do either of you have side profile pics of your rides? I'd like to see how low they sit. I need to lower the rear of mine several inches. Since removing the bumper for the roll pan, it sits wicked high.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is mine with the bags still filling up too much in the back, sits 1/2" lower now since I trimmed the autoride links
IMG00278.jpg

IMG00285.jpg

I wish the ass sat lower but I'd rather not plow snow when it dumps out here. Front is going up 1/2" next weekend if my dodge 3/4ton shock mounts show up, thank god for welders and cutoff wheels.

miketedeschi

Reaction score
boostaholic that denali looks pretty bad ass. it reminds me of the one on rob and big