ls1 kinda excited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clean95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
today i get my brand new ls1 from the machine shop forged pistons built internals cams and lifters electric fans and water pump... and not to mention im also getting a whipple super charger in a week! going to start the swap this weekend. excited shop said 435rwhp at the crank before supercharger and 560ish ftlbs

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holy piss thatd be nuts man. how much did that put u under?? have any sites on the motor and supercharger??? thanks

clean95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ls1 with tranny is 3k my friend works at gm performance the macnining was almost a grand and the super charger is going to be a graduation gift from my dad i will find some cites and get them up soon

chevylee

Reaction score
ls1 with tranny is 3k my friend works at gm performance the macnining was almost a grand and the super charger is going to be a graduation gift from my dad i will find some cites and get them up soon

AW nice price, i payed 2,900 for my lq9 an 4l80e tranny, wish I could have found a nice ls1 or maybe even a ls2 for cheaper..

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did i miss it, or what kind of trannys going back in?? and are you aware of any wiring mods youll have to do? or is this a simple direct bolt in?? what about throttle cables and such..

chevylee

Reaction score
did i miss it, or what kind of trannys going back in?? and are you aware of any wiring mods youll have to do? or is this a simple direct bolt in?? what about throttle cables and such..

Its an easy swap, the cables will work. The hard part is wiring.

Whippled2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
today i get my brand new ls1 from the machine shop forged pistons built internals cams and lifters electric fans and water pump... and not to mention im also getting a whipple super charger in a week! going to start the swap this weekend. excited shop said 435rwhp at the crank before supercharger and 560ish ftlbs

Nice setup. I see your in sac. What are you doing about smog with the engine swap? Also a bunch of us from performancetrucks.net head over to sac raceway here and there, you should join us once you get everything working.

Also why not a magnacharger? Whipple doesn't have an intercooler and your intake air temps can get high if you decide to up the boost. I read nothing but good things about the RADIX kits.

chevylee

Reaction score
whys the wiring hard. like what do u have to do to make it all work??

You have to get a wiring harness for the computer an motor, an then make it all connect to the gauges and dash stuff. Also the fuel. Its very hard, just so many little things have to be done to make a big thing work :crazy:

chevylee

Reaction score
Ive helped a lot of friends with it, and did re search on it for a long time. I did not do my own though, because of the wiring and because no place to do it at the time. :sad: here are a few snap shots of my mine..
parts006.jpg

fixedmotor007.jpg

I still have a few things left to do on mine before I can say its 100% done.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice.. looks lkie it sits a little low?? nice is a 95 hoe isnt it?? humm i put a new 350 in mine, i should of gone with the ls1.. never thought of it, well i did but never though that i could do it such as wires and shtuff

chevylee

Reaction score
nice.. looks lkie it sits a little low?? nice is a 95 hoe isnt it?? humm i put a new 350 in mine, i should of gone with the ls1.. never thought of it, well i did but never though that i could do it such as wires and shtuff

its a 98 chevy cheyenne truck.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
really? it looked inside your engine compartment to be an older setup.. hmm.. does it have alot of power switching over??

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All these trucks had the same body and engine compartment and everything from 1995 -1999, that is why it looks the same. As for LS engines, all I know about them is that it is a lot of crappy work and conversion to adapt one to a vehicle that was not setup for one from the factory as far as I know.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well my buddies tahoe (after 95) doesnt look like my 95.. hes got some extra stuff here and there. and like the computer system on the drivers wheel well and i dont have that..

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waiiitt you mean like... the actual setup under the hood exactly? That makes sense... your buddy has the OBD2 computer and such under his hood, so there are a few new components. If you look at chevylee's pics, you will see he has a large black "tray" if you will, right on top of his drivers side wheelwell. that is where his OBD2 computer should go, but he must have took it out because he had to make some kind of computer swap/mod to allow the full use of his 6.0L 364. Actually, if you look at his second picture, it looks like he has the computer chip moved over to the passenger side (the thing with the huge wad of wires plugged into it in the bottom left of the picture).... or maybe I am just dumb and the OBD2 computer was moved over to the pas. side in the '97 - '99 models.

We have OBD1 computers that are a lot smaller.. and they are under the driver's side dash somewhere I believe. I'm not positive on the location, I just know they are a lot smaller haha.