lt1 engine swop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgiared

Reaction score
I have a 95 Tahoe that needs another engine, found a lt1 with a busted head gasket, already torn down. Since I am planning a rebuild anyway (hired out) I was wondering if this one would work? It's from a 95 z28. I will have to replace oil pan, exhaust manifolds, ect. But was wondering about the tahoe computer working with this engine. ps, going to have heads machined since the head gasket busted..

Thanks,

gr

Georgiared

Reaction score
Garage, nor I, knew about a small detail known as reverse flow heads and block...
Anybody need an LT1? Cheap?

Have a great Independence Day everyone!

gr

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry you found out about that, would be a good time to upgrade to the cooling system (electric pump/ fans and radiator to make use of that engine...)

Georgiared

Reaction score
Thanks Lesterl. I guess I will just get a GM engine from Summit Racing later on down the road. There goes my dream of a corvette engine for a daily driver. But I can still dance...

gr

kevelev666

Reaction score
More power

I to was dreaming big but there is ALWAYS a way, both summit and jegs sell a GM 383 "drop in" block for our model/year trucks. She is expensive just under $5000 and that's without shipping, the compter inside the Tahoe adjusts automatically for the added ci, check into it:peace:

Georgiared

Reaction score
Thanks Kev! Actually, I put a new GM engine in it just after Thanksgiving this year. Thanks for the information, I'm sure it will help someone else.

GR

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a stroker crank and rods for a standard 350 to make it a 383, problem with the 383 is that it needs a PCM Tune......