LTZ - Chrome Clad Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White Ghost

Reaction score
I am shopping a new 2009 Tahoe LTZ. A local dealer has the color I desire on the lot but it is equipped with the optional chrome clad wheels. I believe these are new for the 2009 model year and I am looking for comments either positive or negative. Will they hold up ok with the harsh northeast winters with road salt? Thanks in advance.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should should up against the North conditions pretty good considering ther are chroe clad, which iis basically chrome plated high grade plastin on top of a metal rim and plastic does not rust.
Hope you get it, don't get ripped off though.

White Ghost

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. The dealer is offering me about 9.25% off MSRP plus I qualify for about an additional $7,000 off in various incentives. Do you think I can do better off the MSRP considering the truck has been on the lot for several months?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends, how much is it right now with all discounts and what options do you have?

White Ghost

Reaction score
MSRP is $56,200. The 9.25% discount off the MSRP makes it $51,000. Minus the $7,000 incentives brings it down to $44,000. It's an LTZ loaded with Sun Entertainment package (Navigation, Sunroof, Rear Entertainment, etc), Chrome Clad Wheels, Side Blind Zone alert. You think I can work him lower?

jmitchell

Reaction score
Be careful with the chrome clad wheels to keep them constantly clean during the winter. Wash at least once a week. I have had major issues with my front grille getting rust spots every winter and that is a similar chrome plastic (I'm on my third grille). Also, my wife's Ford Edge has the chrome clad wheels and they seem to have less maintenance than actual chrome, but as with the grille they can get the rust spots too. By the way, I live in Colorado...mag-chloride capital of the world.

Also, on pricing, it does seem that they aren't taking much off MSRP for you. I would guess that invoice on that price tag is roughly $47K-$48K so with $7K in incentives you should be at $40K-$41K.

White Ghost

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. The optional chrome clad wheels are 20-inches at $500 MSRP. The dealer tells me that $51,000 is "below invoice" pricing for an LTZ with the options I listed my previous post. Edmunds.com shows that to be true for northeast pricing but I feel that I can work the dealer down further if he wants to unload a Tahoe sitting on the lot for months.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha tell him theres a reason why its been on the lot for a long time in responce to that, if he holds tuff then tell him you know another dealerdown the street!Q