Magnaflow 17 or 22?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HGS-Dro

Reaction score
I'm gonna upgrade my exhaust though after some homework I know have a question...I'm looking to get a Magnaflow muffler and tip installed. I want a sound thats a little bit louder than stock but not too loud...What should I get 22" Magnaflow and eliminate resignator or a 17" Magnaflow and keep the resignator?

Diesel

Reaction score
I have a Magnaflow 18", 24" tip to tip. I also cut off the resonator. It's just a lil bit louder than stock, sounds sweet when you step on it but a nice quiet purr when on the freeway. Only time I notice the sound when idling is when it first starts (remote start) & when its in my garage. If you go with the 22" its gonna sound almost like your stock one. It also seem to add a lil power when getting on the freeway or when u need to pass.

HGS-Dro

Reaction score
If I go with the 22" and remove the resignator it will still sound like stock??

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 22" with no resonator and it sounds WAY louder and mean than stock.

HOGWILD

Reaction score
do the 14 inch one((20 overall)...I had that on my tahoe good sound no drone...little louder then stock but a great sound wide open.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Reaction score
I have the complete stainless manga flow cat back with the 22" case muffler. It's a good bit louder than stock at start up. Not much difference on the highway unless you get on it. I have a cold air kit too so thet adds some sound as well. Its fine for me but my wife thinks its too loud. If I had it to do over I'd probably start with just getting rid of the resonator.