memory seat install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
would anybody know how to install the power memory seat function. i ave power seats just no memory and i hate it when my wife gets done driving the yukon and eveything needs to be changed again any help would be nice

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you install the seats? Do you have the #1 & #2 buttons on the driver's door? If so, then probably have to get BCM programmed.

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
no i didnt install anything yet and i dont have the buttons on the door. i just have power seats. im wanting to add the memory feature to it

convoyduel

Reaction score
memory seats.

The memory function is part of a larger control module that is mounted below the driver's seat. The wiring harnes for the memory/heated seats has rougly 35 wires, while the power seat only harness has 5 or 6. None of the wires match up and, more critically, the serial bus wires needed to run all of these functions are not pre-installed in the vehicle between the main power distribution box, the door controls and the seat base. Also, on the high end all-power seats, the power motors are controlled through the heat/memory brain instead of at the switch as it is on the base LS power seat.

Not saying it can't be done, because with enough wire and know-how, it can. You'd be better off to start out with a set of seats from eBay or a salvage yard that already have the memory module in them.

We installed a set of leather ebony quad bucket seats in our '07 and learned from experience. It was worth it by far, but we started by dropping in the factory all-power seats and sold the base power LS seating outright.

Dan

Last edited:

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
hey convoy i appreciate it. ive been looking everywhere but havent been able to found a thing. i found the power/memory module on gmpartsdirect for a reasonable price. but now thta i know i need almost 5 times the amount of wires that are already installed i dont think itll be worth it. but who knows. im an electrician of sorts so i could prolly figure it out with enough time on my hands but thats the problem.