Mirror rattle???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 2007 LTZ with the power retracting mirrors. I notice that at highway speeds both my mirrors shake. I hit the button to close them and open them and it stops on the passenger side. The drivers side still vibrates. I was alongside an escalade 07 or newer and noticed his was doing the same. any one have this same issue??

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a TSB out for this....just go to your dealer and get it fixed. It will be covered.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver side ratlles a bit IF I open/close it while moving at 20mph. I try not to do it any more but I wonder if it's the same coverable problem.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 2007 LTZ with the power retracting mirrors. I notice that at highway speeds both my mirrors shake. I hit the button to close them and open them and it stops on the passenger side. The drivers side still vibrates. I was alongside an escalade 07 or newer and noticed his was doing the same. any one have this same issue??

Okay, slow guy here. Am I to understand your entire mirror housing vibrates??? Or is it jus thte mirror itself? Because in the older BMW's the mirrors would look as if they shook when they first started using those bluish tinted mirrors that were supposed to minimize glare. I thought my driver's side mirror being the only one that actually dims in order to minimize glare was the culprit because this was a bug to be worked out in the design & engineering stages. But if it is a problem I can take it to the dealership and have them fix, let a little man know, I will be there with bells on.

chadwick02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting. Mine do the same thing. It drove me kinda nuts, but I thought it was normal. Not sure if its just the mirror or the whole housing thats vibrating, its tough to tell...

AHS-TAHOE-LTZ

Reaction score
There is a TSB out for this....just go to your dealer and get it fixed. It will be covered

this guy is knowledgeable Man ...

AZSCTACO- U R right

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this guy is knowledgeable Man ...

AZSCTACO- U R right

Thanks man......yes I am....lol

Here is the TSB below......the dealer will know of the issue

Service Bulletin Number : 060864027 Date of Bulletin : SEP 01, 2007
NHTSA Item Number : 10021819
Component : VISIBILITY:REARVIEW MIRRORS/DEVICES:EXTERIOR
Summary :
LEFT OUTSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR GLASS SHAKE OR FLUTTER (RELEARN POWER MIRRORS AND REPLACE LEFT MIRROR, IF NECESSARY) *KB UPDATED 11/02/07. *NJ

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man......yes I am....lol

Here is the TSB below......the dealer will know of the issue

Service Bulletin Number : 060864027 Date of Bulletin : SEP 01, 2007
NHTSA Item Number : 10021819
Component : VISIBILITY:REARVIEW MIRRORS/DEVICES:EXTERIOR
Summary :
LEFT OUTSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR GLASS SHAKE OR FLUTTER (RELEARN POWER MIRRORS AND REPLACE LEFT MIRROR, IF NECESSARY) *KB UPDATED 11/02/07. *NJ

Stupid question here....If it's a "TSB"...is it like a recall? How much is coming out of my pocket if my Yukon has 68k miles??????

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its just the mirror, the housing is solid. just the glass. its enough to drive anyone nuts who is in the tahoe for than a 5 min ride. off to the dealer i go. i will let you all know what they do!

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question here....If it's a "TSB"...is it like a recall? How much is coming out of my pocket if my Yukon has 68k miles??????

It's sort of like a recall but different....haha

Not sure if you are any money out of pocket though....I would say yes but you never know