Mirror Temp/Compass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Temp/compass in my mirror seems to be resetting itself at random when the truck is off. i'll get in, and the display will be off, and then i have to change it from C to F. its not a big deal, just a little annoying. lol. It started after i did the remote start/HIDs/removed DRL fuse. so im not sure if any of that is related. anyone had this happen or have any ideas?:confused:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you done anything up in the front grill area? thats where that sensor is located.thats a weird problem. first Iv seen on this forum with that.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HID's use a "switching power supply" to make the needed voltage for the arc, that can create interference affecting circuits that are not protected from such RF noise.

Try unhooking the power feed to the HID's and see if it settles down.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that either the constant 12 volt supply to the mirror was somehow disconnected or it is being influenced by the power supplies for the HID lamps you mentioned.

Or if the mirror has a battery backup, the battery is toast. Somehow the memory in the mirror is being affected.

All of these digital gadgits have 5 volt circuits that can be easily affected by ramdom pulses wandering through out the electrical system.

Maybe the constant 5 volt to the mirror was on the same circuit as the DRL. You could try putting that fues back in and see if that takes care of the problem.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gotcha...
i think im gonna take a look and see if the wires loose on the mirror from when the tint was put on.
if it is the DRL fuse, i'll just deal with the mirror issue...