Mud Guards...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk2k6gun

Reaction score
I know I'll probably get some flack from some people about wanting to put these on, but oh well. Does anyone have any photos of their Tahoe/Suburban/Escalade with mud guards? After cleaning my Tahoe yesterday (BTW, it was beautiful here in NW Florida yesterday), I noticed that I have a few rock chips on the areas right behind the rear wheels. Any photos would be great and any tips on reputable vendors would be greatly appreciated. I'd hate to go to the "stealership" for something like that...thanks...

wmgood64

Reaction score
blk, I have some on mine! Live in northern ny and you pretty much need them. Bought them on online! Click on my username check out my album i'll post a rear shot

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get some of these, I need them!

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They definitely provide a lot of protection. Probably the most functional mod I've done.

GM Fan

Reaction score
I have the same OEM GM guards. I tow a trailer and they help a lot by keeping trailer dent free. I dont think they look bad at all. Only wish I could have bought them the same color as my Tahoe which is Blue Granite.

GM Fan

Reaction score
When I bought our guards last year at my selling dealer the parts guy said according to the book he had that the color type was discontinued, so I bought the black.

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i actually would go to the stealership for the gm mud guards.. the hard plastic painted ones from gm are $80 for a set (set is pair of front..) so figure $160 for all four. what i plan on running, imo they look the best.

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the WEATHERTECH molded mudguards on my '08 Yukon . They have saved many a rock chip this winter with all the snow/salt/gravel on the roads. They also keep the side clean. I don't have a good photo right now ,but may get one later today.

08SummitHoe

Reaction score
here are a few pics sorry for the poor qaulity, hope you get the idea. these are the GM ones, they are awesome and I, too am from NY so its really important I have these for the damn salt and snow I come encounter with.

080.jpg

082.jpg

085.jpg

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna order the Husky rear ones today, anyody with a pic of them on here?

GreenOnyx

Reaction score
I see there are two types of guards for the ones from GM, contoured and molded. Does anyone have any information on the differences and the advantages/disadvantages for each of these?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LoL don't ge the contored, I made that mistake, its ugly and flat with a big bowtie emblem.
Its also harder to install and bscially a stiff muf flap look!
Go molded, those are the ones in the pics above!

GreenOnyx

Reaction score
Cool, that's what I assumed, thanks for the confirmation, I appreciate it.

I assume the molded are easy to install and that I can do it myself?

ESSRTEE8

Reaction score
The Weathertech flaps are great, simple to install, not drilling, leave the tires on.

Great fit.

StL07Tahoe

Reaction score
Just got my GM flaps yesterday from the dealership. $50 for the front set. I cant stand how dirty my truck gets when driving on damp/wet roads. Looking forward to having cleaner running boards as well.