My new Project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I seen them on ebay but the pics sucked. pretty decent picture? Do those fit in the Tahoe seats? Did you have to "force" them in?

I can take some higher res ones in the sun if you want to see it up close.

As far as forcing - not at all. The poles are adjustable, but I had to apply a lot of pressure and tilt them back and forth to get them to the max width. Once at max width, they slid in as if they were OEM.

Like JK warned me, though - they make you lose the ability to raise the headrests up in a locked position like the OEM.

jj99yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like JK warned me, though - they make you lose the ability to raise the headrests up in a locked position like the OEM.

i dont know of too many people that actually raise the headrest up that often.

btw WrenchGuy...your "little" project, looks as if its coming along great. great pics too. keep up the good work.

Last edited:

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know of too many people that actually raise the headrest up that often.

btw WrenchGuy...your "little" project, looks as if its coming along great. great pics too. keep up the good work.

Yeah I dont move my headrest it's just right.

Thanks man. This is just mock up so I can tune and jam a little. I got even more work in the back end. I gotta fiberglass the amp rack for one. Later though.

I gotta order my BTL 18's build that box and turn my driver side rear corner into a battery bank. Hell I still gotta gut the whole interior besides the dash to deaden.

I'm gonna keep it posted on here though as I go for sure. Tomorrow I gotta start making some cup holders...lol gotta have those.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you changing the engine or tranny in any way. What about the seats, gunna get some leather massage cooled/ heated ones :lol:

lookin good dude. :cool2:

jj99yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah cup holders are a priority. i think theres like 6 in my truck. in my other car theres 2 and theyre all but under the dash. lol. i think if i do any kind of sound system its gonna be hidden in the back panels. i kinda enjoy the space back there.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you changing the engine or tranny in any way. What about the seats, gunna get some leather massage cooled/ heated ones :lol:

lookin good dude. :cool2:

I'll prolly do some performance mods that I've seen and raise her a little for 33's but I wanna do the inside first. I've been waitin to do what I'm doing for a little while.

I'll get massage seats when they figure out the happy ending.

jj99yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AOL did a story on an "adult" car seat massager that is supposed to be enjoyable by both men and women. i looked for it, but i couldnt find it again.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Yea, but with headrests that size, you don't need to raise 'em any higher. Looking good. Keep posting pics as you go along.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, but with headrests that size, you don't need to raise 'em any higher. Looking good. Keep posting pics as you go along.

Indeed. I'm just worried about hater vision I mean that is a big screen sorta. 9" viewing area.

jj99yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
f-em. who cares. if its a pretty good deal go for it. but dont forget to take pictures when youre done. lol

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
f-em. who cares. if its a pretty good deal go for it. but dont forget to take pictures when youre done. lol

Its weird though you think you would pulled over for those things but I guess Greyhound does it so screw it. The pictures in the thread now show it. I dont know if I will get em just yet I got an amp and subs to get here soon.

I wrapped the A Pillars and Im gonna resin them tomorrow so tomorrow night those pics will be up. I haven't made it to the hardware store to get PVC for some cup holders.

bzbatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can adjust the brightness on the screens. When I have mine on, you can just barely make em out.

Then again, I have 5% tint in the rear windows...

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright A Pillars are gonna get 80 grit and trimmed clean and will stay that way for a lil bit til I get my tweets where I will keep them. The tweets are gonna get velcro for a bit. I'll take another pic of them when they are trimmed and cleaned and that will be it for a while on that.

I used fleece its what I had that would work and its not bad really. The Tahoe fitment is pretty flexible.

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

I'm doing all my fiberglass on the porch with a Folding Table, Tarp and Space Heater. Its my little Easy Bake oven. Gotta do what ya gotta do. Im gonna splat em little more just before finish work so don't worry I see it guys. Critics...lol

jj99yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lookin good man. little ripples but it should sand out right? they kina look like purple dear antlers. lol.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lookin good man. little ripples but it should sand out right? they kina look like purple dear antlers. lol.

Ripples get filler the wrap on these was a little stubborn but you don't always get em all out. No big deal. The next pic will be of them cleaned up and scuffed. The excess where it meets the dash will be trimmed off. I went the whole way so the mat would mold and stay attached better.

I'm powering them up this weekend I think. They sang off the HU nice and crispy, should be better now that they are a little better enclosed.

jj99yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its been a while since i did any fiberglassing so i forgot about the filler. sorry bout that.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Fleece is a good material to use, but sometimes on smaller stuff like that with a lot of irregular shapes and contours I'll use something like an old cotton t-shirt because it can be stretched a little more and is a little smoother after applying the resin, so the finishing process is much less time consuming.
Looks like it's gonna be nice. Can't wait to see more progress:thumbsup:

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fleece is a good material to use, but sometimes on smaller stuff like that with a lot of irregular shapes and contours I'll use something like an old cotton t-shirt because it can be stretched a little more and is a little smoother after applying the resin, so the finishing process is much less time consuming.
Looks like it's gonna be nice. Can't wait to see more progress:thumbsup:

I was after Pique knit but there isn't any around. I tried a shirt too it just rode down the pillar like a loose sock...lol It will work for me I'll end up changing it again down the road anyway. I don't get frustrated with finish work really unless I'm looking for paint finish which I just do 200 grit and texture with rocker panel spray its a decent finish and I wont care if gets scratched.