Navigation DVD image file?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like the latest Nav DVD, but I have not received any notice from the GM NAV site.

So I was wondering if anyone knew sources of Nav DVD image files and if it is possible to use copied DVDs on factory NAVs.

Any input would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like the latest Nav DVD, but I have not received any notice from the GM NAV site.

So I was wondering if anyone knew sources of Nav DVD image files and if it is possible to use copied DVDs on factory NAVs.

Any input would be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

I have seen several listings on Ebay with the latest NAV disk New still sealed in plastic for around 49.00. That might be a better route to take if the GM Nav center is currently out of stock.

Mikenewb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loading an update

Has anyone done an update on their NAV DVD before? I was curious if the updated DVD are just updates that are loaded on top of the already installed DVD, or is it a full version that replaces the old DVD.

Mikenewb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that! Yeah I didnt think the Tahoe had a memory that could hold data.. A friend of mine just got a new Jeep with a NAV and she can store music on hers. That would be nice to have!

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for the link to the image files. I guess I just didn't know what to search for as I was not aware that you could use Kenwood KNA-DV4100 file.
I guess I should have looked a little closer to what these units were before searching.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what i was told new vehicle owners get 3 free upgrade disc. I believe they release one per year.

its only a phone call away.

www.gmnavdisc.com

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's two free upgrades and the program was discontinued for 2008 MY.

You're supposed to get them automatically but I had to e-mail them for my first one and looks like I'll have to do the same for the second one.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont know about the email info.

I have a 2007 Denali. I called the center in April 2008 and speak with a rep. No hassle at all. Disc was sent out via UPS ground. Guy said I would get two more upgrades free. Said they do a map upgrade each year like in Oct I think.

But I called, Guy asked for my VIN# and address. Within like 2 minutes he said they were shipping out an upgrade at no charge. Must be covered under you vehicle 3 yr warranty or something. Guy said I get a card in the us mail telling me to logon to the website to have the next upgrade shipped out.

Last edited:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what they told me last year when I called (was wrong about e-mail). Still didn't get a card in the mail. Maybe will wait 'til Oct to get my last free one.