Navigation Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pirate

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a proud new owner of a 08 Yukon and new to this board and have a navigation question.

Here is the problem I have. When I have a destination entered and traveling on the freeway, the whole right half of the screen shows all the exits coming up and POIs off the freeway. I would like to disable this, does anyone know how to do this.

Thanks,

Nick

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Tahoe Forum. I don't believe there is anyway to get rid of the upcoming exits. Wished there was sometimes.

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
if i remember correctly on my lexus is250 the upcoming exit side of the nav screen only came up about a half mile to 1/4 mile away from exit. but youre also saying that the poi icons are always on. im just going out on a limb but if your were to turn off the poi icon's that the half screen would only come on when an exit or turn off is coming up

Pirate

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Yes I have tried to turn off the POIs to no avail. When traveling on the freeway the upcoming exits never go away.

Thanks,

Nick

sdoo25

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a proud new owner of a 08 Yukon and new to this board and have a navigation question.

Here is the problem I have. When I have a destination entered and traveling on the freeway, the whole right half of the screen shows all the exits coming up and POIs off the freeway. I would like to disable this, does anyone know how to do this.

Thanks,

Nick

I'm pretty sure with the new nav disc we just got a month or so ago, we now have the option to go to full screen and shut off the split screen. Most of the time I found it useful but it was frustrating not to have control of it in the past. I'll try to get the part # for the nav disc but it is the most recent disc (2009 version I believe).

tb08

Reaction score
Hey Nick,
I'm a noob here too and just got my first new GM vehicle (08 Yukon SLT 2). Love it! Anyway, I noticed the same thing on the Nav screen. If you touch the icon that looks like an open book (to the left of the upcoming exit area) it will go away, and the whole screen will fill with the Nav map.

eddiedav

Reaction score
Hey All,
This has also frustrated me with the Nav System. I was hoping to find that little open book icon on the left side of the exits but no luck. It is not there... Does anyone else have a solution to this?? The Nav system displays the next 3 exits to the left side when you have selected a destination and are traveling on a freeway. It takes up half the screen! Is this fixed with the updated Nav DVD?? I have a 2008 LTZ but not sure which version of Nav software I have. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Pirate

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I will look to see if I have this book option.

sdoo25

Reaction score
Hey All,
This has also frustrated me with the Nav System. I was hoping to find that little open book icon on the left side of the exits but no luck. It is not there... Does anyone else have a solution to this?? The Nav system displays the next 3 exits to the left side when you have selected a destination and are traveling on a freeway. It takes up half the screen! Is this fixed with the updated Nav DVD?? I have a 2008 LTZ but not sure which version of Nav software I have. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Check your NAV disc version. It was updated with the latest disc. I believe it's the 2009 version.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 2009 disc p/n 25974486U, but it does not have any option to completely disable the the turn list screen. It shows up automatically as long as you are withing 1 km of the your next turn. And it goes away if you are more than 1 km away.

I did discover something new that I didn't realize after bought my Denali XL in the summer and I don't know if this is a new feature of the 2009 disc or not, but in addition to the traditional track-up and north-up views, there is also a bird's eye-view available (like on my Garmin). I didn't find it until I was fiddling around with the nav system this afternoon.

seagrave

Reaction score
I have a '08 Tahoe and have had the same exact gripe about the nav while on the freeway. I thought it was only me who was bothered by it. Glad to see others feel the same way. Can someone please confirm if its a newer Nav Disc that will fix the issue and if so does anyone have a part # for this newer nav disc?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the latest map DVD and besides the new SW, it does have the "open book" icon that turns off the exit pic. But you have to repeat each time.

seagrave

Reaction score
I have the latest map DVD and besides the new SW, it does have the "open book" icon that turns off the exit pic. But you have to repeat each time.

73shark do you have the part number for the map DVD you have?