Navigation Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hphansen

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe with factory navigation installed. When I had my truck serviced by my mechanic, he told me that the voltage on my battery was low and that I should have the dealer take a look at it. So I took it in and they said that the battery is fine but the navigation is constantly spinning the disk and draining the battery. So they replaced the navigation unit and I picked it up tonight.

My questions is: Is there any difference between the 2007 navigation units and the 2009? It looks the same from the outside, but I swear the blue screen is darker blue and the clock in the right hand corner is bigger. If so are there any other differences? Or am I making all this up in my head?

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe with factory navigation installed. When I had my truck serviced by my mechanic, he told me that the voltage on my battery was low and that I should have the dealer take a look at it. So I took it in and they said that the battery is fine but the navigation is constantly spinning the disk and draining the battery. So they replaced the navigation unit and I picked it up tonight.

My questions is: Is there any difference between the 2007 navigation units and the 2009? It looks the same from the outside, but I swear the blue screen is darker blue and the clock in the right hand corner is bigger. If so are there any other differences? Or am I making all this up in my head?

Not sure about any color diff. but the clock is bigger in the corner on the 09. However this can be corrected on yours buy upgrading you nav disc. to the new 4.0c. The Nav disc has a radio update on it that changes a few other things besides the clock font size.

hphansen

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.. they put in a new unit, but used the same disc that was in my old unit. (version 3.0) So I'm assuming they installed the 2009 version of the navigation unit.