Need black handles and mirror caps to replace the chrome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yugoballa823

Reaction score
Im in the processing of completely blacking out my tahoe, Ive done the headlights, all 3 tailights, bowties and grill. I have the LTZ so the handles and mirror caps are chrome. Ive heard that painting them will not work because the paint wont last on the chrome. Is that true or do i need to replace all of them, if so where could i buy everything from?

Last edited:

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had much luck with painted chrome being a long term solution even with proper prepping.

Mirror caps are not that expensive. Door handles I'm not too sure on but gmpartsdirect.com has decent prices on parts. I got to know my local parts guy at the dealer and he'll match any online price I bring him.

Get to know your parts guy -- he is your friend.

chadwick02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you end up replacing the chrome handle and mirror caps I'd be interested in buying them off you. PM me if you are interested.

- Chad

georgiawj

Reaction score
I did the same thing you are trying to do a while ago. I ended up just buying Black Handles, Mirror Covers and an lt gril off ebay.
All i painted was the chrome ring around the lt grille and changed the parts out..

and as a bonus i just packed back up all my parts and sold it back on ebay for more.. :D

I looked real quick and found a pair matt black for $60..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

But i paid $35+ i think $10 dollars for shipping for black painted ones so there are better deals out there..
If im remembering correctly i think i paid $120 total for everything (that included shipping too)

bigrob639

Reaction score
Funny, we could have traded black for chrome. I just changed out my black grill, black mirror covers,black door handels and black tow hooks all for new chrome. I will sell you the whole package if your interested.
This was all off a new 08 tahoe and in perfect condition.

GMBOUND

Reaction score
Where are you located at?
I'm currently in Houston, I have black handles on the vehicle.
I just put the chrome mirror covers on, but the black ones are at my house in Michigan.
Any way it goes we can make something happen.

M6hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the chrome door handles and mirror caps that i am looking to trade/sell for black handles and mirror caps. if anyone is interested please email me at [email protected]

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i guess ths dont do much but, id be willing to dtrade for the chrome

M6hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chevyhoe... where in FL are you? i'll be in bradenton from the 13th to the 17th if you would like to trade the black for the chrome. let me know

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn man i cant believe i just read this since i last posted... i just ordered them in black i still have the chrome ones if anyone wants them the driver door one is messed up but shoot if your still in waranty they will replace it for free!!! i will have them off and ready to sell i can ship or local delivery!!! pm me or just post here

cwyatt27

Reaction score
I was wondering how you blacked out your tail lights? What's the best method to do this? thanks!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best method for blacking out any light is Black paint doen professionally by a paint shop. Type "Tahoe OEM tails 07" on Ebay and some Blaced out lights will com up there for you as an option.
www.jonstintedtails.com is also a good place to go to to get them done.