Need help/advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MilesNauticus

Reaction score
Okay, I know everybody on here has seen this post 1000 times from other people. So please don't be too hard on me. I have owned probably too many vehicles over the, a couple of those being Silverados and Sierras and I've always loved them but recently my wife and I have been looking at Tahoes. More or less she has and she loves them. Problem is our financial situation is tight right now so I had to sale my 2013 Jeep to buy something cheaper. Here's the deal, she loves the Tahoe but ONLY the 2007 and up. Ive found a couple 2007 and newer for good deals but my top dollar is pretty much set. That being said I have found a 2007 LTZ with everything and I want to get some opinions on whether or not I should buy it or steer clear.

2007 LTZ all the upgrades.
Black/Tan
Here's the scary part: 211,000 miles

Now I test drove it the other day, drove an hour and a half to check it out. Guy swears up and down the majority of items were just replaced in the front end because of normal wear and tear. He does not have the full history of the vehicle prior to his buying it other than the carfax but can show all the work he had done to it, but like an idiot I failed to get a copy of everything prior to leaving. I can tell you this handles GREAT, 4WD works well, no noises even at full turn in 4 high. Everything works very well. Leather is in great condition. Some minor stains in the carpet but will be covered up with floor mats.
The only issue is this, as I was driving it the oil pressure warning popped on. Took it back to the guy and he immediately took it to the shop for repair. Just a sensor apparently, he explained in more detail with the mechanic stating it's one of those things that goes out on all of them eventually. But that is what scares me, is this Tahoe hitting that threshold to where I'm going to have to start repairing a lot of things because they're starting to fail?
Anyway, because I drove an hour and a half to check it out only to have something go wrong he's willing to deliver it to my door Tuesday afternoon. All told he claims to have put about $2500 in it since he got it. The lowest he'll go on it out the door is $14000. We've already done the paperwork, I didn't sign anything, just did the paperwork so if I tell him to bring it I hand him a check he hands me a Tahoe. But I'm scared of the mileage. $14k is under the KBB value but only barely.

Should I buy it and roll on, I don't drive that much, I have a take home car for my job so I mainly drive local, to and from the gym and errands, occasional date to the big town 30mins up the road. Need some advice because my wife is going crazy with me going back and forth on this and a 2002 4Runner. $14000 is all I want to spend, I know I can get them for 16-17 with less miles but 14 is my number.

Thanks in advance for the help,I need it....BAD.

EDIT: This is a vehicle from a dealer not a private individual.

Last edited:

canakin

Reaction score
I have driven several and owned one of the 2007-2014 model years. The oil pressure light did come on in one of them. It was the sensor (and this is commonly the issue as the mechanical pump is simple and not as prone to failure).

200k might be the half life for the truck, but $14,000 is a lot to spend if something goes wrong. In my opinion, I'd look for an LS or LT and save some $$. Either way, they are good trucks. Good luck.

MilesNauticus

Reaction score
I gotta be honest I'm pretty picky. I want the LTZ, I'm kind of in the mindset that if I'm gonna spend the money I'm gonna get exactly what I want. Which is the LTZ, should I steer clear or take the gamble though? That is the question. To be honest I feel pretty decent about it, I'm not too concerned but I'm also not completely naive. Guess a better way to say it is I'm just cautious. I just don't want to be overly cautious and end up in something I'm not as happy with.

canakin

Reaction score
That is a tiny segment. Just went on KBB and Autotrader to look for an 07 LTZ with 200k+. Nationwide, saw only 7! They were listed from $11,500 to $13,900. Went on KBB for my Chicago area and it says $11,800-12,400 for good to very good from a private party. For me, $14,000 is too much.

Dring911

Reaction score
So im currently selling my 07 Tahoe LS and the book on it is 17k and I have it out for 15...im not saying buy mine but what I am saying is it has 93000. That lower end for its age. Your looking for an LTZ with good miles? Your going to have to up your price. Over 200000 is excessive to me but thats just me. Imo.....stay clear