Need help grounding amp...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cotily03

Reaction score
06 tahoe z71, Bose system
Been coming here stealing knowledge from time to time and having problem finding this answer to a problem I am currently having.

1. Need a good place to ground my amp that I am hooking up in cargo area of tahoe.
2. Purchased the PAC AOEM-GM24 to get RCA from stock radio. Would it have been just as good to purchase LOC?

Did a temporary hookup yesterday to verfiy everything would work. Amp came on and music played through 10" infinity sub in sealed box, but was no where near what I thought it would. Could lack of power be due to not having a good ground?

I would like to work out this kinks before I install everything in it's correct place.

Amp is a Pionner 4 channel GM-6300f that I'm only using 2 channels and bridging those to the sub.

thanks in advance for any info and help...

Coty

cotily03

Reaction score
thanks

Thanks, that was what I was thinking but wanted to make sure. I just have to go buy a bigger ring terminal.

Could not having a good grade degrade the quality of the amp. I mean, not let it pump out as many watts as it should.

Also, does anyone have an opinion b/t the LOC and the Pac AOEM-GM24???
Just wondering if the PAC cut the signal too much...

thanks

Coty

Backon4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more than likely. It really depends on what the output voltage is for the rca's themselves. The higher the voltage the better the signal. Also check your rcas for a "pinch". Also better quality rcas can help. You can check the resistance across the rcas and really tell the difference.

tom q

Reaction score
where did you get the remote wire to power the amp?

cotily03

Reaction score
I tapped into the pink wire right behind the stock harness... It allows the amp to stay on after key is turned off... It shuts down about 30 secs after I turn the key off and radio off... also, as soon as I open my drivers door, the amp is turned on...