Need help with installing headunit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the illumination yes, just make sure to connect the power antenna wire to the... i see it says pink on here, so i guess it was pink. regardless, it'll be an extra wire on the factory side. its the power for the factory amp.
heres the wires that should be connected:
constant 12v-orange
switched- yellow
ground-black
illumination-gray (hook it up if you want, never makes a difference)
dimmer-brown(same deal)
and your 4 pairs of speakers
-tan, gray, lt green, drk green, brown, yellow, drk blue, light blue
the extra wire, (pink) will connect to the blue power antenna wire on the new radio giving power to the amp and rear speakers.

im hoping JK will come through and re-approve all this cuz its gettin late and i could be off/ missin something. but idt i am.

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALL DONE!

I cut, stripped and connected the wires today, and just installed the headunit. It was cake once I had an understanding of what I needed to do! Thanks to JK for helping clarify the wiring, TahoeGoBoom for clarifying everything in general, 96ProComp for helping describe the process, and all the others that helped me with my noobness! Now I just want to get the Gm CD delete pocket.

pics:
The harness once I was done, I cut each harness, stripped about a 1/4" off, connected each wire with a butt connecter, and then wrapped each but connecter and wire with a little electrical tape just to be safe.
scaled.php

Installed
scaled.php