need new transmission!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yuhoe96

Reaction score
my transmission just wnt out on my 96 4dr 4 wheels drive anyone have any good suggestions on where to go or order from? anyone have one for sale?

pilot brandon

Reaction score
Mine went out on my 98 i went ahead and bought a brand new Jasper tranny and installed it with a buddy of mine. It cost less than buying a rebuilt one and having it installed at the auto-shop. Plus I plan to keep my truck for good =D

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how many miles were on your hoe when the tranny went out? are u the first owner and do u beat the hell out of it, or did u jsut go out for no reason?? jsut seeing how these trannys are built.. thanks

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm about to have mine rebuilt in my 96 with 165k on it. as far as we can tell its never been rebuilt, but we'll see when my buddy tears into it.

pilot brandon

Reaction score
I don't know how mine was treated, I got it at 130k and at 136 it went out. Probably was beat up with the first owners.