Need to ground my amplifier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

regizzle

Reaction score
Setup...
1996 Chevy Tahoe
250 Amp Mechman Alternator
Big 3 0/1 knuconceptz wire
0/1 power/ground
Autotek MM2000.1D (2006 Version)
Optima redtop
2 15" JBLs 600 rms in total (currently installed)
Highs and mids amp 200-400rms (to be installed)
DC Audio Lvl 4 18 1000+rms (to be installed)
Infinity coaxials (to be installed)
Infinity tweeters (to be installed)

OK SO, i have 2000 rms of power capability with this amp and much more in peak/dynamic power ches? Ches...

Now, i currently have my 0 gauge ground to my rear seat bolt but i feel its causing voltage drop and seeing as i have a 250 amp alternator and 0 gauge throughout on ONLY 600 rms. i feel this might be a bit of an issue..

Now i want to ground my 0 gauge to my frame. however, i was wondering are there any factory holes in the cabin before i drill a hole through my hoe so i can ground my 0 gauge to the actual frame?

Side note, if i must drill... :challenge: I will.

bowtie_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to insult your intelligence, but did you remove the paint from the seat bolt and around the area before installing ground?

bowtie_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also forgot to mention the length of your ground cable. If all that's good, then you may have to find a different location.

CoreyD

Reaction score
I got 2 guage one mine I just drilled a hole under my seat sanded tha paint off wit 80 grit an ran a bolt thru it.