Need to trade, what to buy?

What do you think?

• '08 GMC ACADIA SLT2

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • '08 BUICK LUCERNE CXS V8

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • '08 CADILLAC CTS V8

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • '08 ESCALADE AWD (just for the hell of it)

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to start looking for something to trade my '07 CTS for, it was an early '07 and already has 76,000 on the odometer. I'm planning on keeping my '04 Hoe for quite a while. It only has 31k. I would really like to stick with GM, and since I drive about 45,000 a year, I really need to find something comfortable and gets reasonable gas mileage. I've narrowed it down to a few, what do you think?

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in market for a new car and CTS is on the top of my list. (yes, LTG, I know I talked smack, called it an old ladies car but the more I see it the more I like it.)

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By saying CTS V8, I am assuming you mean the CTS-V since they only offer it in 2 3.6L V6's?

I vote for the CTS. I have plans to buy one once they announce the pricing on the CTS-V. A 6.2L Supercharged V8 w/ over 550HP shared with the new ZR1 and the ability to fit my whole family,,,,, now that's my "realistic" dream car!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love all your selections.

we have a 2008 acadia SLT2
and a 2008 buick enclave cxl awd. they are both AWSOME VEHICLES and we get 18 city in the acadia FWD and 17 city in the encalave AWD.

im in the market for somthing to go with my yukon since i like haveing two reliable vehicles ( mercedes is not reliable in the least, but hey its an 84 )

im looking at a buick enclave, cadillac cts, land rover super charged, and 2008 charger srt8, if i had to choose right now i would get the cts. i just like the styling AND THE PRICE. :cool2:

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Lucerne and the CTS. I looked at both before I bought my BMW. Personally, I loved the Lucerne CXS, but it's not a very expencive car and it carrys that old timer Buick name. I hate that Buick aquired that old people stereotype.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By saying CTS V8, I am assuming you mean the CTS-V since they only offer it in 2 3.6L V6's?

I vote for the CTS. I have plans to buy one once they announce the pricing on the CTS-V. A 6.2L Supercharged V8 w/ over 550HP shared with the new ZR1 and the ability to fit my whole family,,,,, now that's my "realistic" dream car!

I didn't mean to put that V8 there, I must have accidentally put it there when I did the Buick's V8. Looks like most people are saying the CTS.

We have enjoyed our 2007 CTS, but I like to trade before I get to 80k. It is comfortable, it's quiet, and I think its good looking. They are priced great too, I do not want a $60k car that to put this many miles on. Seems like we just paid $40.5k for this one new last year and it has treated us well.

Scratch the Acadia as an option, after looking I like the Enclave much better. I prefer the woodgrain of the Enclave over what the Acadia has.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean to put that V8 there, I must have accidentally put it there when I did the Buick's V8. Looks like most people are saying the CTS.

We have enjoyed our 2007 CTS, but I like to trade before I get to 80k. It is comfortable, it's quiet, and I think its good looking. They are priced great too, I do not want a $60k car that to put this many miles on. Seems like we just paid $40.5k for this one new last year and it has treated us well.

Scratch the Acadia as an option, after looking I like the Enclave much better. I prefer the woodgrain of the Enclave over what the Acadia has.

we are lucky to have both, and if i we had to choose one it would DEFINATLY be the enclave. its got the quit tuning that makes it wisper quiet even at 80 mph, and we like the leather color better with the wood grain.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Enclave is a nice ride, but I'm not too into the crossovers. I will drive one and see if it fits me. As of now, I think I will trade my CTS for an '08 when it hits 80k.

i like the cts, but its too small for me, i like big vehicles, and space is nice too.

but the enclave is not gunna break any speed records, my yukon has way more torque and low end power, and the tranny is not the greatest, it needs like 10 seconds to think when you gun it, but it has a manual mode too and thats fun. :D

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the cts, but its too small for me, i like big vehicles, and space is nice too.

but the enclave is not gunna break any speed records, my yukon has way more torque and low end power, and the tranny is not the greatest, it needs like 10 seconds to think when you gun it, but it has a manual mode too and thats fun. :D

I like the feeling of a big suv or truck, but I also enjoy driving something smaller. I like being in the CTS when I'm in traffic, it's easier to weave through traffic- more power and more manuverable.

Overall, I would rather drive an SUV than a sedan, but when you're driving 7-8 hours a day a few days a week, it gets tiring to drive something that big. Not to mention gas, I get about 17 MPG highway in the Tahoe and 27 MPG in the CTS running 80. It's just not realistic for me to drive a Tahoe every day. But it is still my favorite thing in the world to drive :thumbsup: .

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the feeling of a big suv or truck, but I also enjoy driving something smaller. I like being in the CTS when I'm in traffic, it's easier to weave through traffic- more power and more manuverable.

Overall, I would rather drive an SUV than a sedan, but when you're driving 7-8 hours a day a few days a week, it gets tiring to drive something that big. Not to mention gas, I get about 17 MPG highway in the Tahoe and 27 MPG in the CTS running 80. It's just not realistic for me to drive a Tahoe every day. But it is still my favorite thing in the world to drive :thumbsup: .

your thinking like me, i have to drive the kon every day, because 20 degrees and wet is not convertable weather. so since i drive the kon every day i am looking for somthing else since i already have 38k on it and i bought it last october with 30 miles on it.

im thinking the charger is probably the only sacrafice i would make for a sedan, i test drove one and loved it. i love the 425 hp hemi, the steering is so direct, and i can get a fully loaded one for like 35 k with class A discount.

Last edited:

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude you drive nearly as much as I do. I want to keep miles off the Tahoe, too, seeing that they don't make the 800's anymore. I want to keep it around for a little while. I've never really been attached to a car before, but I've been attached to the LT lately. I could not make myself sell it, like we had planned to, when we got the new Z71.

I drove one at the Dodge dealership when they came out with the Hemi, but I just don't like the feel of it. The power is awesome, but I hate the way Dodges handle. I'd like to drive one every now and then but I wouldnt ever buy one.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude you drive nearly as much as I do. I want to keep miles off the Tahoe, too, seeing that they don't make the 800's anymore. I want to keep it around for a little while. I've never really been attached to a car before, but I've been attached to the LT lately. I could not make myself sell it, like we had planned to, when we got the new Z71.

I drove one at the Dodge dealership when they came out with the Hemi, but I just don't like the feel of it. The power is awesome, but I hate the way Dodges handle. I'd like to drive one every now and then but I wouldnt ever buy one.

it takes some getting used to, but i like it enough to do that.

your like me too, i have never been so attached to a truck before and i also want this one to last. im tired of putting so many miles on it. because i dont like to fly i take this everyware, so my last trip to washington was in this, that almost 7k miles round trip ( i took detours to see the sites). and i go to NC and florida 3 times a year. and georga etc. i rack up miles.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it takes some getting used to, but i like it enough to do that.

your like me too, i have never been so attached to a truck before and i also want this one to last. im tired of putting so many miles on it. because i dont like to fly i take this everyware, so my last trip to washington was in this, that almost 7k miles round trip ( i took detours to see the sites). and i go to NC and florida 3 times a year. and georga etc. i rack up miles.

We just drove the hell out of Christy's 2003 Z71. I really liked that one, too, but I didn't like the ride of the Z71 as well as the LT, it was too stiff for my liking. Besides that, it was dk. green over dk. gray, which wasn't my favorite combination. But, that was the one we drove most of the time. It was really pretty reliable, but after it hit about 85k it started getting some rattles and kinks that it didn't have before (the gears didn't show up on the DIC anymore, it started getting wind noise coming from the back windows, CD player skipped, thermometer was about 20 off). I could have had all that fixed, but I guess that comes with age, but I'm in no hurry for mine to get like that.

I was just looking at my onstar diagnostic reports on my email and the first one I got was July 2007 and it said my mileage was 27,667. That means I've just driven this Tahoe four thousand miles in 9 months ha ha. It should last a good 50 years at that rate :smilielol: .

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was doing alot of driving, I loved my 2004 Grand Marquis. I know it is a Ford, but that car was so freaking comfortable, it went to 115k miles without many issues. I have a friend with an 04 that racked up 250k (and I thought I drove alot) without ANY issues. Thats why I got the "Less Stuff" tahoe. Because the less stuff you have, the less stuff that breaks. I do love the new CTS though, but if I had to choose one of the sedans on the poll, it would be the Buick Lucerne V8. The only thing that bothers me about that car is that I think it is a sin to have such a wonderful engine, and Front Wheel Drive....UGGGH. Actually, with my dislike of FWD, my brain is beginning to go towards the CTS again....(I have trouble making decisions. You can imagine what it is like car shopping with me).

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was doing alot of driving, I loved my 2004 Grand Marquis. I know it is a Ford, but that car was so freaking comfortable, it went to 115k miles without many issues. I have a friend with an 04 that racked up 250k (and I thought I drove alot) without ANY issues. Thats why I got the "Less Stuff" tahoe. Because the less stuff you have, the less stuff that breaks. I do love the new CTS though, but if I had to choose one of the sedans on the poll, it would be the Buick Lucerne V8. The only thing that bothers me about that car is that I think it is a sin to have such a wonderful engine, and Front Wheel Drive....UGGGH. Actually, with my dislike of FWD, my brain is beginning to go towards the CTS again....(I have trouble making decisions. You can imagine what it is like car shopping with me).

I don't like FWD either. I thought I read that the Lucerne was going to be RWD before it made its debut. I love the way Buicks ride. My in laws have 2004 and 2005 Park Avenues, the last couple years they made them, and I actually enjoy driving them. I've flown to pick them up in Tenessee and driven them down to Birmingham in the Park Avenue a couple times. They may not be much to look at, but as far as comfort and being easy to handle go, they're a dream.

The Lucerne drives a lot like a Park Ave. in my opinion. Maybe I should have bought a Lucerne CXS instead of my BMW, I could have saved about 25k's :skep: . I hope Buick can overcome that old people connotation that they have. You can't beat their value for the price.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like FWD either. I thought I read that the Lucerne was going to be RWD before it made its debut. I love the way Buicks ride. My in laws have 2004 and 2005 Park Avenues, the last couple years they made them, and I actually enjoy driving them. I've flown to pick them up in Tenessee and driven them down to Birmingham in the Park Avenue a couple times. They may not be much to look at, but as far as comfort and being easy to handle go, they're a dream.

The Lucerne drives a lot like a Park Ave. in my opinion. Maybe I should have bought a Lucerne CXS instead of my BMW, I could have saved about 25k's :skep: . I hope Buick can overcome that old people connotation that they have. You can't beat their value for the price.

dude im 21 and about to buy one, what do you think of that. i look at the older ones from the 60's and see them a whole different way. :cool2:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know whats a good car for you (OP) a CORVETTE:thumbsup: think about it, in 6th gear on the high way you get like 25 mpg. and all that power and sport suspension makes it a dream to drive in traffic. :umn: :sla:

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude im 21 and about to buy one, what do you think of that. i look at the older ones from the 60's and see them a whole different way. :cool2:

I think that's awesome. I hope more younger people will start buying them, they've really come a long ways in the last couple years. There was just that period in the late 70's-early 00's that gave them that rep. I've been wanting them to come back from the dead for years, and I think its finally happening.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that's awesome. I hope more younger people will start buying them, they've really come a long ways in the last couple years. There was just that period in the late 70's-early 00's that gave them that rep. I've been wanting them to come back from the dead for years, and I think its finally happening.

i think the enclave is targeted towards a younger croud, some kids on campus drive lucurnes. but i smoke them all in the kon. :smilielol: