Need to trade, what to buy?

What do you think?

• '08 GMC ACADIA SLT2

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • '08 BUICK LUCERNE CXS V8

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • '08 CADILLAC CTS V8

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • '08 ESCALADE AWD (just for the hell of it)

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's all I was looking for. I don't need something extremely nice for all the miles I'm going to be putting on it. I've already brought it down to Florida and it rode like I was driving on a cloud. It is very solid feeling, a big improvement from earlier model Buicks I have driven. Not the best looking car I've ever had, but it's perfect for what I'll use it for :thumbsup: .

il bet those cooled seats are nice for those 85 degree days too huh. :cool2:

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't even notice that it had cooled seats until you just posted it, I thought it was just heated. Thanks :lol: , ya that will be nice.

Hah, yes...hence the button with a logo of a seat and a snowflake:thumbsup:

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And you know, in addition to the V8, the Magneride (ala first on Corvette, then various Cadillacs, etc.) sport suspension and the magnetic variable steering make it far from a float boat in CXS form.

Still not technically a sports sedan, but the best handling G-body vehicle with a very nice touring feel to it combined with Buick quiet.

What kind of mileage are you getting with the Northstar, so far?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And you know, in addition to the V8, the Magneride (ala first on Corvette, then various Cadillacs, etc.) sport suspension and the magnetic variable steering make it far from a float boat in CXS form.

Still not technically a sports sedan, but the best handling G-body vehicle with a very nice touring feel to it combined with Buick quiet.

my northstar deville gets 27 mpg highway, I LOVE IT.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm getting better than the sticker averages, believe it or not. The sticker, if I remember correctly, estimated 24 MPG highway, and this is what the trip computer gave me after I the trip from Roswell to Clearwater. 534.3 miles, Average Speed: 75.1, Gallons Used: 20.1, and 26.5 MPG. I filled up when I got home and it was accurate.

Now that is incredible to me, I have never had a car that got over 18 highway :lol: . The new Z71 isn't doing too good as far as MPG, it's been to/from Atlanta twice already and averaged 15.2 the first time and 15.9 the second, but hopefully that number will start to rise as the engine gets broken in.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting better than the sticker averages, believe it or not. The sticker, if I remember correctly, estimated 24 MPG highway, and this is what the trip computer gave me after I the trip from Roswell to Clearwater. 534.3 miles, Average Speed: 75.1, Gallons Used: 20.1, and 26.5 MPG. I filled up when I got home and it was accurate.

Now that is incredible to me, I have never had a car that got over 18 highway :lol: . The new Z71 isn't doing too good as far as MPG, it's been to/from Atlanta twice already and averaged 15.2 the first time and 15.9 the second, but hopefully that number will start to rise as the engine gets broken in.

Yes, that's effect of "car" weight and aerodynamics doing their part;)

Trust me, having a house full of V8 RWD trucks and heavy BOF cars, it was a :D shock to me when I had an '07 Malibu rental for a month and always got 37mpg on the highway and never once felt like I was missing power.

Add even a V8 to a lighter weight and more aerodynamic car with the proper gearing, and it essentially gets to just loaf along and barely run even at high speeds. Same reason why a Corvette can pull 30mpg more or less on the highway--weight and aerodynamics, and a lot of power with nice gearing.

With the trucks, especially the new ones, they're still like big rolling bricks and very heavy, and the 5.3L has to work to keep it all going.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's effect of "car" weight and aerodynamics doing their part;)

Trust me, having a house full of V8 RWD trucks and heavy BOF cars, it was a :D shock to me when I had an '07 Malibu rental for a month and always got 37mpg on the highway and never once felt like I was missing power.

Add even a V8 to a lighter weight and more aerodynamic car with the proper gearing, and it essentially gets to just loaf along and barely run even at high speeds. Same reason why a Corvette can pull 30mpg more or less on the highway--weight and aerodynamics, and a lot of power with nice gearing.

With the trucks, especially the new ones, they're still like big rolling bricks and very heavy, and the 5.3L has to work to keep it all going.

yea the deville at 80 and the engine idles, you could almost shut it off and maintain speed.

my 07 vette i get NINE city ( i love me that power) and 25 with cruise set to 75 and in 6th gear. i love that 6th gear, gives me AWSOME fuel economy, and with the almost 550hp ( heavly modded ls2, thanks dad) to pass most of the time i dont even need to down shift. :cool: