Need Wiring Diagrams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05tahoe

Reaction score
Alright Guy's, I'm needing your help installing my new head unit in the truck.:ack: I have a 05 tahoe z71 with bose, onstar, and rear seat entertainment. I'm installing a pioneer double din touch screen dvd w/nav. I need help locating the vehicle speed sensor wiring diagrams or location at the pcm. Also where is the best place to steal the reverse light 12v signal, as I'm installing a back up camera also. ANY help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Tony

Timbo126

Reaction score
Are you using adapter to keep the onstar ansd stock amp/speakers or are you hard wiring everything in?

05tahoe

Reaction score
Are you using adapter to keep the onstar ansd stock amp/speakers or are you hard wiring everything in?

As of right now I'm using the pac connectors to integrate the head unit into the truck, but I need to know the location of the vss pin at the pcm so I can get accurate gps and mph from the nav unit.

GMTECH56

Reaction score
The easiest place to tap into the reverse circuit is in the underhood fuseblock. Take the cover off move, move the two grey handles inward by releasing the tabs and then you will be able to remove the upper portion of the fuse block. Once that's off there will be 6 or 7 connectors underneath you want to lift up by releasing the tabs on connector #2 it is a black 68 pin connector. The wire is A11 and is grey. On the connector it will be labeled abc.. 123... in very fine print. Just splice into it. As for the VSS at the PCM there is a VSS High Signal and VSS Low Signal. Both are located in the green connector, the low is terminal 20 light green wire with black stripe and the high is terminal 21 purple wire with white stripe. Good luck.

05tahoe

Reaction score
The easiest place to tap into the reverse circuit is in the underhood fuseblock. Take the cover off move, move the two grey handles inward by releasing the tabs and then you will be able to remove the upper portion of the fuse block. Once that's off there will be 6 or 7 connectors underneath you want to lift up by releasing the tabs on connector #2 it is a black 68 pin connector. The wire is A11 and is grey. On the connector it will be labeled abc.. 123... in very fine print. Just splice into it. As for the VSS at the PCM there is a VSS High Signal and VSS Low Signal. Both are located in the green connector, the low is terminal 20 light green wire with black stripe and the high is terminal 21 purple wire with white stripe. Good luck.

Thanks for the response, but I actually already have it wired up. (Thanks crutchfield, for the diagrams..) woo hoo

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Just for future reference, the reverse wire is also located in the driver a-pillar harness. It goes to the automatic dimming rv mirror to cancel the dimming mode while in reverse.

05tahoe

Reaction score
Just for future reference, the reverse wire is also located in the driver a-pillar harness. It goes to the automatic dimming rv mirror to cancel the dimming mode while in reverse.

I was able to get my reverse signal from the bcm under the column, and the vss from the radio harness itself. Pretty simple install once I received the diagrams.