New 04 Yukon what should I do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonnydz

Reaction score
Hi guys I just bought a 2004 Yukon SLT 4x4 with only 88,000 miles. It was a one owner vehicle by an older gentleman and seems to be in great shape. My main question with a 10 year old truck and ninety thousand miles on it is what should i do right off the bat? Here is my list so far and please let me know if I missing anything. I'm going to change all the fluid, thermostat, hoses, belt, water pump, check the brakes, air filter, tranny filter. Do you guys recommend putting a new fuel pump in it if its not acting up? I just don't want to get stranded. I think I remember reading that these fuel pumps don't last. And I plan on getting a lift for the rear 2 inches and new keys for the front that will bring it up 3 inches along with new shocks.

Thanks jonnyd

Eric D

Reaction score
I just bought a 2004 Tahoe with 134,000.

I already did oil/oil filter and air filter.

Considering the trans. fluid.

I might buy a belt to have on hand.

How goes it for you?

johniew398

Reaction score
Possibly water pump. There is an upgraded water pump now. I just bought a 2004 Tahoe and they said the water pump wasn't causing any problems but it needed replacing. I've also noticed on several forum posts that is one of the most common replacement items after a certain age.