New Exhaust on my 07 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e-dub. I got a kit for my burb on Ebay. Its a single in/out. You can get it for about $450 shipped if you make an offer on the guys who allow offers. Check with Jenna Bear she also have good deals. FWIW I personally think it would be more economical to purchase a Magnaflow muffler single in dual out and have a shop make dual pipes out.

Actually I wanted single in/dual out before but decided to go single in/single out. I want it to be like johnnyenglish's and just have a tip with a dual exit.

Yeah I will check ebay again. Most of them dont have the option for buy it now. Have you guys seen or heard about the GM Factory Performance Exhaust System? The link is below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Part...d=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:10|39:1|240:1318

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Flowmaster 50 SUV would be less aggressive than the 40 series.

Tdahew

Reaction score
bad63lac,

You were right the Silverado sounds a lot better then the Tahoe. So going with this muffler I should have no problems having it installed? 5 X 8 X 16in Dual Outlet Muffler, 3in System, 2.5in Tail Pipes, 3.5in Polished Tips, DUAL REAR EXIT

iicriscoii

Reaction score
I have decided to go with the Magnaflow set up also. I'll probably just switch the tip and make it a dual. Can anyone tell me where they bought their kit at? Everywhere I'm looking (i.e. Ebay, Summit, Autoanything.com) wants around $550 for them. Just can't afford that right now but I am ready to put a lil rumble on the Hoe.

I just recently purchased a 2008 Tahoe and have been researching which exhaust system to purchase. I have been reading great feedback on the Corsa Sport. However, the price range is a bit steep for me at this time. So I been opting for the Magnaflow system. My main concern is that it may produce unfavorable drone. I been reading from some that it is not bad at all to not noticable while others could not stand it. I guess I can say it's 50/50 shot? But at half the price of the Corsa I am sure it's worth it from reviews.

Anyways, after much research on pricing I was able to find a reasonable place to purchase the Magnaflow system (16772) at http://www.performancepeddler.com for $384.94 w/ free shipping. Great price IMO

Note: use coupon code at checkout >> bestoffer4em

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Borla unit and have no complaints. I would go with Borla, Corsa Touring, or Magnaflow. I have Flowmaster 40 series on my Explorer and its loud and annoying sometimes. When i was young i wanted a loud exhaust, now I cant take the noise. Ohh the 40 series will drone your cabin too.

NASTY GM

Reaction score
I have Flowmaster 40 series dumped. I set off a lot of car alarms :smilielol:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e-dub if you are still deciding; Flowmaster has the classic truck sound and Magnaflow has smooth V8 sound. I would actually prefer the Flowmaster 50 series, but the Magnaflow was a good compromise.

Outside the vehicle it has a nice rumble at start up and pulling away (not WOT), and you can't really hear it inside until you hit the skinny peddle :). On long trips the only minor complaint I have is when the engine switches from V8 to V4. You can hear a change in exhaust tone - but I do not think this is isolated to just the Magnaflow. Can anyone else with a different exhaust chime in?

Let us know what you get and post some pics!

joeyrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the magnaflow.. im really impressed with the sound. It doesnt drone the cabin, it has a light rumble and roars at any decent acceleration..

The only problem Im having is that the pipe almost hides under my car. It doesnt stick out at all and its kinda high up on the rear/side exit. I could get pictures if you dont follow..

jonnyenglish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell a difference in tone when the MDS changes from 8-4 cyls too. No drone and a nice sound from the flowmaster. Would it be cheaper to go to a muffler shop and have them piece you a system together instead of buying off the shelf, you can then customize the system with your own tip design exit angle etc etc.
Just a thought
J

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine peiced together with the 22" stainless muffler, 6" dual walled tip and blackp painted pipes!
All Magnaflow products and it sounds good again, ran about $300 for everything and installation!
Tips sticks out the back in a perfect way!

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've got the whole magnaflow system with the tip included.

Oh. I've seen pictures on here of Magnaflow catback systems w/ their tip and it came down and out and was clearly visible. Any chance the shop screwed it up?

iicriscoii

Reaction score
Just an update that I received my Magnaflow catback setup and had installed it over the weekend. Physically, it's a beautiful setup and seems durably made.

The sound is slightly louder than stock at idle and cruise. A little quieter than I anticipated, but still in the range of what I was going for. The tone is deep and meaty and I can now feel the vehicle rumble under the gas peddle.

My biggest gripe about the stock muffler was that the vehicle did not sound or feel like a V8. Like others, I grew out of the "loudest is satisfying" mentality and just wanted something that simply reminded me that I had all that power underneath the hood. The Magnaflow solves this problem for anyone looking to find a beefier setup that won't wake the neighbors.

I'll see if I can post a video soon for anyone interested.

Anyone know if it's required to reset the ECU after installation? I would assume that computers these days are more advanced to adapt to changes on this own?

iicriscoii

Reaction score
Oh. I've seen pictures on here of Magnaflow catback systems w/ their tip and it came down and out and was clearly visible. Any chance the shop screwed it up?

I also got the full system, but installed it myself. Did the shop end up welding the pieces together or use the clamps? If the clamps are used, you should be able to adjust the the tip segment to come out a bit. I noticed this section had a little extra room for adjusting. It's possible the shop just pushed this section in all the way.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if it's required to reset the ECU after installation? I would assume that computers these days are more advanced to adapt to changes on this own?

No need to reset the ECU, the effect of an exhaust alone is negligable.