new features on the 2009 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, estimated between 425 - 440 HP, and 445lb/ft torque. Nah, not too many kid movies in there. I cleaned them all out the other day -- got tired of all of them being piled in the center console! It's the stroller, car seat, and tons of crap from Costco that usually weigh us down. :D

250 rolls of toilet paper, 50 poudns of ground beef, 50 hotdogs, 20 gallons of milk, twenty five- 64 can cases of soda, 25 frozen pizza's, can weigh you down. :lol:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
250 rolls of toilet paper, 50 poudns of ground beef, 50 hotdogs, 20 gallons of milk, twenty five- 64 can cases of soda, 25 frozen pizza's, can weigh you down. :lol:

:smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

Sounds about right, dude!

I'll need about 700 HP to get stock performance with all that crap in there... If they only sold a Lingenfelter kit at Costco... :D

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

Sounds about right, dude!

I'll need about 700 HP to get stock performance with all that crap in there... If they only sold a Lingenfelter kit at Costco... :D

i think i want to stick a 572 chevrolet in the kon, and not the wimpy 620 hp the , manly 720 hp one. VRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOM :wow: o yea and a tranny that actully lets me burn rubber.

Tahoe2Go

Reaction score
ok, since my yukon is 4wd, im not lookin for a second 4wd, i never built it in anything but 2wd, wonder why its not in 4x4 as well. :cuss:

Apologies for digging up an old post (I just saw this thread), but from an "insider" on another site here is the quote for the 4x4 not getting the 6L80 yet:

"The reason for the 2WD being offered first is that the 4X4 (not AWD) system to handle the 6.2L's extra power is still in developmental test out for this 1/2-ton platform."

and just for fun, here's what they had to say about the 4:10 gears:

"Actually I meant that as of right now the 6-speed auto is standard with the 6.2L engine. By the time ordering commences (April) the 6-speed may be standard across the board. 4.10 gears for the Tahoe have been discontinued; I believe that this was done with the intention that the 6-speed auto would become standard which will illuminate the need for that low of a ratio."

Edit: Oops, forum etiquette. I'm new, been lurking for a while!

BigR

Reaction score
I am very interested in a Tahoe LTZ and I am about ready to push the button on one. The 6 speed transmission is of serious interest to me however. Is it confirmed that the 6 speeds transmission will be available in the '09 LTZ models with the 5.3L? If so I would be willing to wait until that is ready.

Mortifer

Reaction score
I am most interested in seeing the MPG difference between the 6sp and 4sp on the standard 5.3 engine. This would really sway me to wait for an 09 over an 08 if the difference is significant enough.

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you know I have both the 07 Yukon XL Denali and the 07 Suburban LT. The Denali has the big engine and the 6 speed, the Burb came with the 5.3 and the 4 gears.

Mileage is better on the burb by about 2-3 MPG which is some 20 %. Thus the 6 speed cannot compensate for the bigger engine. Would like to know numbers - when available - for the 5.3 with 6 speed, though.

Jim

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am very interested in a Tahoe LTZ and I am about ready to push the button on one. The 6 speed transmission is of serious interest to me however. Is it confirmed that the 6 speeds transmission will be available in the '09 LTZ models with the 5.3L? If so I would be willing to wait until that is ready.

Yeah I haven't seen any confirmation of that at all yet, I'd like to know too. Like maybe that would be their compromise solution for 4X's, right? Or they maintain that it's designated to the new motor only, who knows. I even called a dealership to ask that and other things and the dude didn't know anything but how to say something about a $500 deposit... I don't even think we spoke the same language. So it discourages me from calling the other ones. Oh, who would be the best answer guy at a dealership, anyway?

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually what I do see are a couple of strong clues, like in the first post it says standard, and elsewhere it said 4:10 gears aren't available now as unnecessary. So it just might be.

BuCwiLd

Reaction score
i hear the 6.2 may only be available in 4x2 for now.. true? false?

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw they are offering 0% on 2008 Yukons. Now I have to decide if I want to wait for those new features in 09 or save some money in rates.

Ugh!!!

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait 'til you see what food prices do as we burn our food (ethanol) in our vehicles. :wow: :eek2: :eek: