New guy from SC - 97 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

palmettosunshine

Reaction score
Whats up everyone? FNG here from SC. Just bought a 1997 Tahoe for a boat hauler, kid hauler, Costco trip, camping, hunting, fishing and getting the heck out of town when the hurricane evac order comes down vehicle.

152k, 4wd, green, LT. Needs front seats recovered but other than that it's in really nice shape.

First project is the intake manifold gasket. My wife thinks I'm an absolute lunatic as we just got it home last night and I started tearing it apart today! She finally understood when I explained about doing PM now, instead of dealing with it on the boat ramp, in a thunderstorm (cuz isn't that when things always break?) this summer. I don't mind spending the time on it now, in the driveway, before I put my family in it.

Wish me luck with the intake manifold gasket! I got most of it torn down today, tomorrow I'll get the intake off and cleaned up and then start the fun process of trying to re-route all the wiring.....

afishinado

Reaction score
Welcome from another newbie!!!
I had a 97 also. I let the manifold gasket go too long. Pulling my boat NJ-FL and it blew (fortunately) just before I got to my Florida home. It took the tranny with it (overheated) if memory serves, the local Chevy dealer got me for about $4500! So good job! BTW, I loved the barn doors, always felt they were nicer than big door my 02 & and my 12 have. Best of luck with it, great vehicle! BTW, best deal on the seat cover is ebay, replaced them on both my 97 & 02, very easy to do, less than an hour.

Attachments

• PICT0163.JPG
    PICT0163.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 1

JimHavok

Reaction score
SC Hoe

Not disrespecting your Tahoe but I like em with a little meat. HAHA
And A Little lift in the bra area if ya know what I mean.

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice not a fan of the color but still nice even for a 152k truck mine just got a lil tore on the top portion of my seat need to have it redone at a upholstery shop also need a little touch up on my roof seems using sun screens on the windshield was a bad idea :\ also :welcome: