New Tahoe Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just got my 2005 Tahoe. I've been reading through the threads and I've seen some great ideas for mods.

Here's what i've decided to do first
Cold Air Intake
SS Throtle Spacer

Any other suggestions for getting better performance?

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ditch the TBS, many reputable people say they are worthless on these trucks, maybe a new cam instead, catback exhaust.
Welcome!:thumbsup:

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just got my 2005 Tahoe. I've been reading through the threads and I've seen some great ideas for mods.

Here's what i've decided to do first
Cold Air Intake
SS Throtle Spacer

Any other suggestions for getting better performance?

talk to Boostaholic about the Throttle Body Spacer. I believe he recommends not getting on as they are not worth it. If you get a CAI kit you dont need one. I think that is why he is against them. I would go with a custom exhaust system. here is mine...http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?p=57632#post57632 Congrats on the new truck. We want to see pics!!!

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ditch the TBS, many reputable people say they are worthless on these trucks, maybe a new cam instead, catback exhaust.
Welcome!:thumbsup:

talk to Boostaholic about the Throttle Body Spacer. I believe he recommends not getting on as they are not worth it. If you get a CAI kit you dont need one. I think that is why he is against them. I would go with a custom exhaust system. here is mine...http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?p=57632#post57632 Congrats on the new truck. We want to see pics!!!

X2 !!...you dont need a spacer they are crap :)

congrats on your new family member hope to see pics soon :)

Welcome to the forums!!

Huck

Reaction score
Thanks.

So I decided that the best course of action is a custom tune. I've contacted Jesse from wait4meperformance. For those of you who have used this, how easy/difficult was it to install the new PCM. Also, they mentioned that I'd need someone to do a crank relearn. Typically about how much does something like this run?

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please research tuners before you decide on who to go with. Your choices, but not limited to, are:

Westers
Nelson
Wait4me
BlackBear Performance

I am getting a dyno tune by Blackbear in 2 weeks. He is offering a regular tune and a dyno tune in Temecula, Ca. I dont know if you are anywhere near that location. If not, with the cable he mails you (and using your laptop), you can do the crank relearn yourself.

Either way, PCM is right by the battery, VERY easy to remove and install.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please research tuners before you decide on who to go with. Your choices, but not limited to, are:

Westers
Nelson
Wait4me
BlackBear Performance

I am getting a dyno tune by Blackbear in 2 weeks. He is offering a regular tune and a dyno tune in Temecula, Ca. I dont know if you are anywhere near that location. If not, with the cable he mails you (and using your laptop), you can do the crank relearn yourself.

Cant agree more here ....and OmarR I know you'll be happy with the tune.
I'm also getting mine done by blackbear just building the funds to it. :)

SoCal Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Westers
Nelson
Wait4me
BlackBear Performance

Omar, whats a dyno tune consist of? What is it going to ultimately do? And if you dont mind me asking, how much is he charging?

Im in the area, and have been thinking about doing the same.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Huck

Reaction score

Westers
Nelson
Wait4me
BlackBear Performance

I'm in SD, so Temecula isn't that far. Anymore info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Huck

Reaction score
Balboa Park/Morley Field area. I just read through the thread, I might send him a PM/email to see about getting a spot.
Thanks.

SoCal Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Omar. Couldnt access the links for whatever reason...

Im up in Escondido myself, so Im really interested too. Just want to understand it a little better first.

thanks again

Huck

Reaction score
Never posted pics...
6qhc2o.jpg

2ir651k.jpg

y0a9v.jpg

28hzhoo.jpg

And I did have that Tune from BlackBear. Justin was great. Right now I'm getting about 14.5mpg in the city and 18.5 on the highway. I need to figure out how to get 1 or 2 more mpg and i'll be happy as a clam.

Huck

Reaction score
Also, any ideas on what to do with all the plastic? Running boards, door handles, front bumper...I'm thinking i might want to re-paint them. Ideas? Suggestions?