***New to the site - Have a couple questions***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBANN1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for an 08 Tahoe for my soon to be wife, and already I wanna drop it and throw on some 26s. But on the other hand this is gonna be a daily driver so I wanna maintain as much comfort as possible.

My questions are as follow.....

1. Those of you with 26's how's the ride? I'm still debating on whether to go with 24's or 26's due to what I've heard about how 26's ride.

2. Those with drop kits, which one (Brand) would you all recommend that'll maintain as close to factory ride as possible. I'm debating on a 2-5 or a 3-5 drop. "I just want it to be a little lower, and MUST be level"

3. I've been reading on some other threads that dropping it will cause my reverse sensors to mess up? Is this true? And if so what can I do to fix this? I believe those sensors are worth there weight in gold.

Sorry for so many questions on a 1st post, but who better to ask then the people who seem to know it all. :thumbsup:

I myself am a Ford guy but have been really impressed with chevys warranty and how well there new vehicles are being built.

Here's a pic of my truck........

8472-12174-203752.jpg

hogfan

Reaction score
Great questions IMO. I am bout to buy my wife an 08 as well. I want to put 24's and a drop. I'm like you, it will be a daily driver (for her), I want it LEVEL, and I still want to keep it as factory a ride as possible.

Question 4: Does it void the warranty by putting 24's and or a lowering kit on it??

MOBANN1

Reaction score
Question 4: Does it void the warranty by putting 24's and or a lowering kit on it??

Check the sticky above this thread, The only way they could void the warranty on your altered suspension would be to actually PROVE that your drop kit caused the problem. So in other words no, they can not void your entire warranty for a drop kit.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Obviously those new parts are not their problem, and they can't just blanket void everything. It is for them to prove that your mod caused the failure. With that said, I think they could fairly void some things, like bearings, CV joints (4WD with non factory angles), wheel well material, tie rod ends, etc. You just gotta think of whatever might fairly be affected by the drop. You will give up a large chunk of suspension warranty.

BTW, is that a Ford, here??? Disregard everything I said, I have no help for you! Just kidding, it looks really good, and I like all trucks in the "bad ass" category.

EasyRyder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the money being spent on 26's and a drop i personally would rather get a "nice" set of 22's possibly 24's and a quality drop.

MOBANN1

Reaction score
Obviously those new parts are not their problem, and they can't just blanket void everything. It is for them to prove that your mod caused the failure. With that said, I think they could fairly void some things, like bearings, CV joints (4WD with non factory angles), wheel well material, tie rod ends, etc. You just gotta think of whatever might fairly be affected by the drop. You will give up a large chunk of suspension warranty.

I agree, I was expecting that either way. That's what they told me when I lifted my truck. "Don't expect for us to cover your warranty", haha.

BTW, is that a Ford, here??? Disregard everything I said, I have no help for you! Just kidding, it looks really good, and I like all trucks in the "bad ass" category.

Yes, yes it is.....

2005 Ford F150
10" Rize Industries Suspension Lift
38" Toyo M/T Tires
20" American Racing Mojave Wheels (Aluminum)

:cool:

Thanks for the compliment. :thumbsup:

MOBANN1

Reaction score
for the money being spent on 26's and a drop i personally would rather get a "nice" set of 22's possibly 24's and a quality drop.

I've been thinking about it for the past few days and I think I'm gonna end up going with a nice set of 24's and high quality drop kit.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about it for the past few days and I think I'm gonna end up going with a nice set of 24's and high quality drop kit.

Sounds like a good plan. I plan to raise mine a mild 4" with CST, and I think I'll pretty much know what if any failures are because of it. If the lift is the cause, I accept it as my problem, but if it seems unrelated, they're gonna cover that $h1T or prove it. Thanks for breaking down the set up on your other one, it's nice. Good luck with the Tahoe.

Last edited:

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I just realized I ain't telling you anything you didn't know already, as you answered Hogfan the same way I think my comments were to his question. Yep, we agree, prove it or start wrenching.

MOBANN1

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. I plan to raise mine a mild 4" with CST, and I think I'll pretty much know what if any failures are because of it. If the lift is the cause, I accept it as my problem, but if it seems unrelated, they're gonna cover that $h1T or prove it. Thanks for breaking down the set up on your other one, it's nice. Good luck with the Tahoe.

Sounds good, CST is a very good company. They're kits are really well built.

Those are the two companys that are of the highest quality as of right now, Rize and CST. :thumbsup:

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, CST is a very good company. They're kits are really well built.

Those are the two companys that are of the highest quality as of right now, Rize and CST. :thumbsup:

Cool, plus they are only a couple of counties away from me, so I can drive out there and they will install it for $500. I will feel so much better knowing they put it on rather than some place like 4 Wheel Parts or whatever they're called, I've heard really bad things about them.

MOBANN1

Reaction score
BUMP........ :D

Which lowering kit would you all recommend? I want it to be a little lower and level.

I don't know to much about lowering kits, so sorry about all the questions. I've always been into lifted vehicles. But, there's always a first! :lol:

Is a 2/3 alright?

What's a good brand?

:popc1:

aaron72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Groundforce makes a nice subtle drop that levels everything out and gives you a nice ride and eliminates what I call the floatiness of the stock ride.

The drop shouldn't have any effect on your back up sensors.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BUMP!!!!

Does anyone answer questions here? :lol:

Not for anyone driving a ford.

Just kidding no help here but welcome aboard. Nice truck btw, I'm a fan of lifted vehicles, can you tell...

MOBANN1

Reaction score
Not for anyone driving a ford.

Hey, Hey!! At least were both driving American vehicles! And I think this whole Ford vs. Chevy thing is kinda played out.

Just kidding no help here but welcome aboard. Nice truck btw, I'm a fan of lifted vehicles, can you tell...

Yes sir,
I'm liking the black on black look. I hadn't seen a NBS tahoe lifted yet. Good Job!!!

aaron72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, Hey!! At least were both driving American vehicles! And I think this whole Ford vs. Chevy thing is kinda played out.

If you watched last nights episode of Pinks, it's definitely not. Two Mustangs couldn't even take down a Toyota Cressida.