Newbie- 08 z 71 Sub Silver Birch mods??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buster04

Reaction score
Hi. It is time to mod my z71 sub. I (my wife) has a fairly stock z71. Only mod is a weathertech bug guard. I am thinking the following mods. Any advice is appreciated.

Wheels:
I also want new tires, but think Chrome wheels will look funky- since everything is brushed aluminum and the color is silver birch, unless I find a 24 brushed aluminum wheel or a mat black one- anyone know of one? I am really having trouble on picking a wheel. I can't decide is the z71 is a "street" or "offroad" model?

Head and Tail lights:
suggestions please?

Bug Guard:
keep or get rid of or color match?

Bowties:
Keep gold, body match silverbirch or go black?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. I would say do a leveling kit on the Z71 and throw some nice Offroad wheels on them, look around www.4wheelonline.com for those
2. As for the Heads and Tails I would say look at the IPCW tails and ANZO projector heads over at www.autoanything.com
3. I would also suggest a VVME or any other HID kit for those headlights.
4. Keep the Bugflector smoke.
5. Paint those front and back bowties to match.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Z71 model is the offroad model. But thats your deal if you want to put big 24's on it. Its not my taste.