Newbie - 2008 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08_Denali

Reaction score
I just picked up a Black on Black Fully Loaded 2008 Yukon Denali last Saturday. I’ve been waiting on the right time to pull the trigger, and when the time came, and I couldn’t pass on the deal.

I'm an active member of 300cforums.com, and found these types of discussion boards to be very helpful. From what I have seen so far, I think I have found another winner.

Ive done a lot of work to my 300c (Wheels, Suspension, Grill, etc...) but don’t think I’m going to get as crazy just yet with the Denali. My short list of planned mods, in order of priority is:

1. iPod Integration - I have done a little research, and from what I have seen so far, the iPod Lockpick seems to be the best on the market. Is anyone out there using this in their vehicle? How do you like it? Is there another product I should consider?

2. Tint the Front Windows

3. All weather rear cargo mat – I have 2 Dogs (Pug and English Bulldog) that come with me everywhere, and I would like to protect the rear carpet. Where would I find this at a reasonable price?

4. Bluetooth – I haven’t really looked into this yet, but I would really like something that integrated into the factory head unit. If anyone has any recommendations, I would appreciate it.

5. Cadillac Escalade Mirrors and Tail Lights – I love the chrome on the mirrors, I think it really complements the existing chrome on the Denali. I have seen the chrome stick-on pieces on eBay, but am unsure of the quality. The Tail lights are also cool, I love the LED’s. Has anyone done this mod? Are the tail lights plug and play?

6. Wheels – I’m thinking of going with a Black face/chrome lip wheel in 22’’ or 24’’. I have a 3piece forged wheel on my 300, and would like something of similar quality. I’m not sure if I really need to go with a 3 piece, but I do love the look.

I will get some pics up of my Denali soon. I have an appointment with the dealership this Friday for a detail, so I will post them after that.

I hope I can get my ride looking half as nice as some of the others out there…
-Mike

six7one

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, I too was on the 300cFourms, but when I sold my 300 I stopped...

Did you attend Spring Fling in Irvine? say hello to Fatchance for me when you see him. My 300cForum name was six7one, I had silver 300Touring, airbag suspension, 22" color matched rims, sounds etc...man I mis my 300!!

Had many good times on the 300cForums, all the meet & greets, Las Vegas SEMA caravan, Spring Fling, and all the friendly & cool people!!

Make sure you post pic. after all the mods...

John

08_Denali

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, I too was on the 300cFourms, but when I sold my 300 I stopped...

Did you attend Spring Fling in Irvine? say hello to Fatchance for me when you see him. My 300cForum name was six7one, I had silver 300Touring, airbag suspension, 22" color matched rims, sounds etc...man I mis my 300!!

Had many good times on the 300cForums, all the meet & greets, Las Vegas SEMA caravan, Spring Fling, and all the friendly & cool people!!

Make sure you post pic. after all the mods...

John

Thanks six7one, I appricate the warm welcome. I live in Nor Cal, so i never had a chance to go to Spring Fling, but i have seen plenty of pics over the years. I'm sure i would remember you if i saw a pic of your ride. Maybe you will remember me (Pic posted below)

I'm going to put my 300c up fpor sale pretty soon, Its time to move on to something else. Its too bad, becasue i really do love the car.

DSC01805.jpg

six7one

Reaction score
Yes I do remember seeing your 300 on the 300cForums, here is a couple of pic. my 300...It was hard to part with my 300 also...

Attachments

• 300 black rimz.JPG
    300 black rimz.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Chrysler pic. 003.jpg
    Chrysler pic. 003.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Chrysler pic. 007.jpg
    Chrysler pic. 007.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 4

aaron72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a couple of searches and all of your questions should get answered as they've come up before here.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I just picked up a Black on Black Fully Loaded 2008 Yukon Denali last Saturday. I’ve been waiting on the right time to pull the trigger, and when the time came, and I couldn’t pass on the deal.

I'm an active member of 300cforums.com, and found these types of discussion boards to be very helpful. From what I have seen so far, I think I have found another winner.

Ive done a lot of work to my 300c (Wheels, Suspension, Grill, etc...) but don’t think I’m going to get as crazy just yet with the Denali. My short list of planned mods, in order of priority is:

1. iPod Integration - I have done a little research, and from what I have seen so far, the iPod Lockpick seems to be the best on the market. Is anyone out there using this in their vehicle? How do you like it? Is there another product I should consider?

2. Tint the Front Windows

3. All weather rear cargo mat – I have 2 Dogs (Pug and English Bulldog) that come with me everywhere, and I would like to protect the rear carpet. Where would I find this at a reasonable price?

4. Bluetooth – I haven’t really looked into this yet, but I would really like something that integrated into the factory head unit. If anyone has any recommendations, I would appreciate it.

5. Cadillac Escalade Mirrors and Tail Lights – I love the chrome on the mirrors, I think it really complements the existing chrome on the Denali. I have seen the chrome stick-on pieces on eBay, but am unsure of the quality. The Tail lights are also cool, I love the LED’s. Has anyone done this mod? Are the tail lights plug and play?

6. Wheels – I’m thinking of going with a Black face/chrome lip wheel in 22’’ or 24’’. I have a 3piece forged wheel on my 300, and would like something of similar quality. I’m not sure if I really need to go with a 3 piece, but I do love the look.

I will get some pics up of my Denali soon. I have an appointment with the dealership this Friday for a detail, so I will post them after that.

I hope I can get my ride looking half as nice as some of the others out there…
-Mike
:ttiwwop: :ttiwwop: :ttiwwop: :ttiwwop:

six7one

Reaction score
No she wasn't, sold it in 9 days after I posted it on Autotrader.com, got over 20 response on it...Yours should be easy to sell...

MOBANN1

Reaction score
How's it going 08 Denali?

A lot of friendly people here with quick answers, I just got here a while back as well and am liking it so far.

Quick question, if you don't mind me asking.......

How much did you get the denali for?

I had been looking into the Tahoes for awhile, but am starting to like the Denalis. Plus who wouldn't love a 6.2l engine! :cool:

Another quick question, how's the mileage on those things?

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I too have a black Denali (XL) and a 300 (SRT8) and frequent both forums often. I also have an English Bulldog as well. It's quite obvious you have great taste!!! :lol:

08_Denali

Reaction score
How much did you get the denali for?

Another quick question, how's the mileage on those things?

Thanks for the warm welcome MOBANNI. I was able to get her for $48,500, the sticker was $56,800.

I'm not sure of the mileage yet, because i have only driven about 100 miles. Im still on the first tank of gas from the dealership.

08_Denali

Reaction score
Welcome! I too have a black Denali (XL) and a 300 (SRT8) and frequent both forums often. I also have an English Bulldog as well. It's quite obvious you have great taste!!! :lol:

Hey, a man after my own taste! Although i don't have the z06, that will have to wait until my kids grow up.

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The esky tails are not plug and play. There are instructions for the modifications needed here
http://www.chevroletforum.com/m_24914/tm.htm
I did this last year and have over $480 in it and several hours of labor

But you probably should just do the K3s instead...cheaper and easier and look pretty dang close
http://www.chevroletforum.com/m_62590/tm.htm

I have a nice set of lower covers. you can get Putco for around $60 and you will be happy with the quality. If you try to do the actual Esky mirrors you willl have to also add the outer window surround and the window profiel is no the same for the rear opening plus the costs really go up.
http://www.chevroletforum.com/m_66309/tm.htm

Sorry aobut linking other site so much but it was easier to copy and paste that way.

08_Denali

Reaction score
The esky tails are not plug and play. There are instructions for the modifications needed here
http://www.chevroletforum.com/m_24914/tm.htm
I did this last year and have over $480 in it and several hours of labor

But you probably should just do the K3s instead...cheaper and easier and look pretty dang close
http://www.chevroletforum.com/m_62590/tm.htm

I have a nice set of lower covers. you can get Putco for around $60 and you will be happy with the quality. If you try to do the actual Esky mirrors you willl have to also add the outer window surround and the window profiel is no the same for the rear opening plus the costs really go up.
http://www.chevroletforum.com/m_66309/tm.htm

Sorry aobut linking other site so much but it was easier to copy and paste that way.

thanks for the info, i just ordered the lower mirror covers. Im not sure if im going to purchase the tails yet, i would like to see them in person first.

Going the Cadillac route just seems like too much work and too much $$$.

thanks again,
Mike