Newbie Question Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greezythumb

Reaction score
Newbie Here (Installing billet grille)

I got some billet grille inserts and chrome bowtie for the grille. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to this without removing the fan shroud. If not, how do I remove the shroud? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Oh yeah, its an overlay billet if that helps.:confused:

jrneyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greezythumb----welcome to the forum---

This is a popular mod, and my first to my Hoe--and completely changed the front end--

i never touched the fan shroud---but you will need to remove the front grill assembly--
1) A small precision flatblade screwdriver will pop up the push pins on the black plastic cover on top of the grill--pry up gently in each pins flat, notched out spot, and pull them out--there are either 6 or 8 of them--

at this point i installed mine, some choose to remove the whole piece--

there large phillips headed plastic knobs that will turn and release the entire grill assy--it comes out with the entire chrome piece--these are located one on either side of the black grill piece at the top, and two more between the grill and the black(or painted) bumper cover--just twist these with a large phillips head screwdriver

the chrome "wrap around" piece has a clip on either side--in between the headlight housings and the drl housings--just give it a gentle pull and its free--

the oem chevy bowtie just clips into place and is easily removed--
just center the new billet overlay, and tighten the bolts, and put her back together!

**Guys--if i have missed anything, please chime in!**
Marcus

greezythumb

Reaction score
hey jrneyman I followed your instructions. I got the overlay and bowtie on. your instructions made it so easy I actually did it last night with a flashlight. thanks a lot for the help. it really changed the look of the truck like you said. thanks again.

Â*

jrneyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey jrneyman I followed your instructions. I got the overlay and bowtie on. your instructions made it so easy I actually did it last night with a flashlight. thanks a lot for the help. it really changed the look of the truck like you said. thanks again.

Â*

Anytime, bro--thats what we're here for!:thumbsup:

neloms

Reaction score
Greezythumb----welcome to the forum---

This is a popular mod, and my first to my Hoe--and completely changed the front end--

i never touched the fan shroud---but you will need to remove the front grill assembly--
1) A small precision flatblade screwdriver will pop up the push pins on the black plastic cover on top of the grill--pry up gently in each pins flat, notched out spot, and pull them out--there are either 6 or 8 of them--

at this point i installed mine, some choose to remove the whole piece--

there large phillips headed plastic knobs that will turn and release the entire grill assy--it comes out with the entire chrome piece--these are located one on either side of the black grill piece at the top, and two more between the grill and the black(or painted) bumper cover--just twist these with a large phillips head screwdriver

the chrome "wrap around" piece has a clip on either side--in between the headlight housings and the drl housings--just give it a gentle pull and its free--

the oem chevy bowtie just clips into place and is easily removed--
just center the new billet overlay, and tighten the bolts, and put her back together!

**Guys--if i have missed anything, please chime in!**
Marcus

Of all the bowtie painting threads on this forum, this was the most useful and descriptive entry! :thumbsup: You should definitely make this a permanent thread in the how-to section. This is also my first mod and I've decided to attach some pics since visuals help.

You can see on the first pic how the tabs lock in to the back of the grille. Definitely easier to remove with the grille off the truck.

The second pic shows the retaining clips that snap in to both ends of the grille between the headlights. I was nervous about pulling the bumper out, so I used a flathead screwdriver to depress the tabs and release the bumper without using much force.

Easy and fun mod! I'll post a pic once the bowtie is back on.

Attachments

• P4201126.JPG
    P4201126.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 5
  • P4201129.JPG
    P4201129.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 3