No spare tire with Hybrid? Any stories?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok,

So I got a great deal on a new 2008 Tahoe Hybrid.

However, I just now found out there is no spare tire with it!!!!

That REALLY worries me, as I have probably had at least 4 flats over the years.

I am curious, anyone get a flat yet? :)

I guess we just call the roadside assistance if the supplied kit cannot fix it?

Anyone figure out a way to carry a donut at least?

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the supplied kit? It's kinda neat, filled with that slime, and it's a portable air compressor as well. It should work for slow leaks.

Total blow out, well, yeah, then we're screwed.

stevetut

Reaction score
Red 08 Hybrid

I think we're gonna start seeing ALOT of 08 Hybrid posts. Sounds like GM is flooding the dealers with all the low mi factory demos and practically giving them away. I just snagged a Red/Tan Hybrid LOADED with only 6k mi for 29k.

Never even though to check for spare but just relaized myself it has none - they cut weight everywhere. So i signed up for the OnStar in case of emerg.

Im also already looking to add some chrome factory accessories like grill/tip/hooks/wheels. Probably sacrifice a little mpg but always preferred that Tahoe look. Hybrid is slightly off that look.

Anybody have any thoughts/experience?

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we're gonna start seeing ALOT of 08 Hybrid posts. Sounds like GM is flooding the dealers with all the low mi factory demos and practically giving them away. I just snagged a Red/Tan Hybrid LOADED with only 6k mi for 29k.

That is a great price! 2WD?

stevetut

Reaction score
Can't complain. Yeah 2wd. Should still be ok to tow my bowrider though ya think? I mean the tow rating is still over 6000lbs. That's no bag of yarn.

You plan on any factory mods yourself? I mean I really just want some slightly nicer wheels and the hooks/hitch fascia. I basically want to get back some of that LTZ look they dropped for weight.

jgenb1

Reaction score
I have 3 peaces of 18" 12 spoke wheel with Bridgestone Dueler A/T P265/65R/18 low-rolling-resistance tires. If you need spare tire let me know. I can sale 250 each.