Noob needs help with suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billyboy

Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for the great advice and answers on this site. I have a 1999 Hoe LS and want to beef up the suspension. The question I have is how difficult is it to stiffen the suspension on these vehicles? My vehicle does not respond well in a cross wind on the highway and I want to stiffen it up a bit to compensate for this. What is needed? New heavier springs, shocks and sway bars are what I am looking into. I would like to know what are the best parts out there and how difficult would it be to complete the replacement? I did a search of the topics and did not find anything relating to my particular situation. Any help is greatly appreciated. Disregard I posted in the wrong forum!

Last edited:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hellwig sway bars and bilstein hd shocks would help. 4wd or 2wd? You can buy stiffer torsion bars for the 4wds and I'm sure someone can make a stock front coil for the 2wd with an increased spring rate. I think some sway bars along with good gas charged shocks would work great.

iscslt

Reaction score
Boostaholic
Any specific reason to recommend the Hellwig bars over any of the other's? (i.e. Belltech, Hotckis, Eibach) as I'm interested in this up grade for my 03 Yukon also while I'm at it which 2/3 lower kit do you reccomend for an air ride Yukon?
Cheers Ian