Oil Leak 2000 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panic_fan

Reaction score
Alright guys, I need some help!

I got a small drip of oil around the oil drain plug and dripping off the filter. I have just replaced the plug when I did my last oil change but It is still leaking.

I took it by the shop and they said possibly an oil pan gasket? Does that sound right?
How hard is this to change, is it something I want to try myself? Do you have to remove motor mounts or anything?

Thanks!

panic_fan

Reaction score
Alright guys, I need some help!

I got a small drip of oil around the oil drain plug and dripping off the filter. I have just replaced the plug when I did my last oil change but It is still leaking.

I took it by the shop and they said possibly an oil pan gasket? Does that sound right?
How hard is this to change, is it something I want to try myself? Do you have to remove motor mounts or anything?

Thanks!

Bumped...no Response.

Anyone??? HELP??? Is this a tough job, Is there a pattern to re-tighten the bolts?

IMI4tth3w

Reaction score
i've got the same thing. its pretty bad on mine tho. looks like it could be either the rear main seal or oil pan gasket. oil pan gasket probably isn't too bad to change and wouldn't be too hard. not sure what the best brand is but i'm sure you could search and find out. good luck man.

oh and mine has been doing this for about 2 years now. hasn't brought up a problem yet. i also change my oil every 1-1.5 months as well. i seem to be good at racking up the miles so it gives it less time to leak and starve the engine for oil.

IMI4tth3w

Reaction score
i've got the same thing. its pretty bad on mine tho. looks like it could be either the rear main seal or oil pan gasket. oil pan gasket probably isn't too bad to change and wouldn't be too hard. not sure what the best brand is but i'm sure you could search and find out. good luck man.

oh and mine has been doing this for about 2 years now. hasn't brought up a problem yet. i also change my oil every 1-1.5 months as well. i seem to be good at racking up the miles so it gives it less time to leak and starve the engine for oil.