ok fogs are out, got some questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok one of my fogs is out, i have the stock now , tried the fake HID bulbs and they were crap , so i went back to stock, anyway. is stock bulbs the best way to go, im not really ready to go get an HID kit for them yet as i do use them alot.

i am looking at the SILVERSTAR's (but 50 bucks a pair :eek:, for 880st) , are they good, im looking for usuable light.

or can you reccommend a good set of somthing for them, the bulbs are 880.

thanks

RT

malibuster

Reaction score
Silverstar Ultras are the way to go. That's what I am running in my rig. $50 bucks sounds a little steep though. Stay away from Xenon.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, just in general, you ought to stay within the rated wattage of the fog housing...by using the proper OE replacement bulb. I learned that the expensive way with my '07... Yeah, SilverStars are nice and bright, but you can cause a melt-down by "modding" things, trying to get that cool "bright light" thing happening. DOH! :nonod: Click on my "modded foglight" link in my sig below for my woeful SilverStars-in-the-fogs saga.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they make a silver star for the 880 fogs now too. Thats what i wanted to get their just like the stock except "ULTRA"

BTW, selling silverstar ultras (9006/9005) with included headlight houseings for 100 obo. :thumbsup: to make room for my the new hids and projector beams.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran the piaa extreme white and they looked sweet
IMG00033.jpg

IMG00032.jpg

I'm now running 2500k yellow bulbs that really help driving in blizzards here, plus I always liked the yellow fog look with hids.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any trouble with melting, im looking for extra light and help with fog, for the rest of the winter get get like 4 days of thick fog as were 70 in the day time and 30 at night, so we get FOG.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues with running them for extended periods. I was running the yellows for a few hours through the snow this morning and they were cold just like everything else.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues with running them for extended periods. I was running the yellows for a few hours through the snow this morning and they were cold just like everything else.

looking at the intense white, think those would be any better? also, were do i buy them??

what bulb did you use, 9006 9005, 880? or somthing complety different

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

malibuster

Reaction score
It won't melt the housing if you don't have the proper wattage. The problem is that the wiring gets too hot and will melt the wire harness. I had this happen once on a previous car, I didn't know what I was doing.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went with the PIAA xtreme, there awsome. so much better than the stock bulbs. :Chevy: :clapping:

before i ordered the ebay set i found a local dealer who gave me a pair for 50 bucks, so im happy, i needed them before today because here if any of your lights are out you fail the state inspection. so i was i a bit of a time crunch.

Kaboom

Reaction score
Ok so my stock fogs were stolen(go figure) so wheres the best place, and best price to get some more.Dont have to be an oem as long as it looks good.Im prob going with clear with the rest of the lights eventually