OK I must be weird all right...........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I'm watching the news about a sports celb getting busted for drugs(what a surprise) and they show him being hauled out of an adult store for smoking crack, well in the background I spot an 07 police Tahoe, looked cool to, am I weird or what? I just think Tahoe's are beautiful.:Chevy: :Chevy:

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in AZ the some of Highway Patrol use unmarked white Tahoes. I've even seen some Sheriffs and Local PD's use'em. I think there pretty cool too.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW LTG, you're not crazy at all... I think they're wicked cool as law-enforcement vehicles. LOTS of them around the DC metro area here. In fact, I got pulled over by an unmarked Escalade (with a female officer) for speeding a couple years back. :cool2: Yep, she let me off, mainly 'cuz of the FOP emblem on my vehicle. :D

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have sheriff Tahoes and Suburbans here too. If you watch CSI you can see Yukons and Escalades.

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in memphis i was leaving town and saw two of them talking/"working" to eachother - one was blacked out and the other was police white... was pretty cool

frankthetank

Reaction score
In Boulder, CO the only ones driving the new Tahoe's and Yukon's are the police and the kids from Texas, which I fall guilty in driving such a great truck. I love everyday I drive it. There is a local police that drives a blue Yukon, just like mine, but they had these really cool lights on the side mirrors.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I wish the local law enforcement agencies here used the gmt900. APD is still using the old body style Expeditions, which are for the Supervisors. But they do have some new units that are cool; brand new Dodge Chargers. I think they look wicked in the police package outfit.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here they have made the switch , we have impala squad cars, and hoe and burb, (k9) vehicles, i remember i got pulled over by a gmt 900 burb, they even have 4wd. they are virginia state police.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
here they have made the switch , we have impala squad cars, and hoe and burb, (k9) vehicles, i remember i got pulled over by a gmt 900 burb, they even have 4wd. they are virginia state police.

APD have the Impalas as well, but they are used for the units that patrol the schools around here. It seems like there are dedicated vehicle types for certain squads. Like the Supervisors roll in the SUVs, the Chargers seem to do highway enforcement, and the Impalas I only see for the cops that patrol the schools. They have the Super Duty F250 and 350 for the lake and park patrols, as well as horses. And 6th Street down here gets so wild and crowded on the weekends, the streets get blocked off from traffic. Cops patrol on horseback, foot, and bicycles on the weekends in this area because of the crowds.
What I really want to see is the switch to the new Camaro. Now that would be badass I think.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here the impalas are the state troopers and the burbs and hoes patrol the ocean front and lakes. i have seen some chargers but impalas and the old crown vics are the most popular. they walk or bike during big crowds like the latest inwater boat show.

seagrave

Reaction score
Anybody have any photos? I agree i think they look really good.