Paint Between Bumper and Fender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

austinl

Reaction score
Have any of you noticed an issue with the paint between the front bumper and fenders by the headlights?

We purchased a 2016 Escalade ESV in March and it looks like the front bumper might be rubbing against the fender and its causing the paint to peel/chip where the bumper meets the fender. I’m wondering if it was either installed incorrectly at the factory OR if maybe they bumped the bumper it when they installed it at the factory.

Our Cadillac dealer is 45 minutes away, so I drove by a GMC dealer down the street from us and I noticed the same issue on several new GMC Yukon XL Denalis. Obviously it's more noticeable with white than with a darker color.

Escalade Photos
esc01.jpg

esc02.JPG

Same issue on GMC Yukon at nearby Dealership

denali.JPG

Have any of you seen this?

damegh

Reaction score
I've noticed this in my new Yukon 2016 after two months of purchase. Very disappointed :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 4

damegh

Reaction score
Did you contact the dealership for that issue?
If so, what was the response?

BlessedHellRide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the tolerance get that close on the panels there is paint damage from applying panels in assemble, cleaning the vehicles, debris, an flex of panels causing panel on panel rub. They paint is itself durable but there is some desire for fit and finish on their tahoe all the way to their highline Cadillacs. Their warranty will cover any issues. Keep us posted on the outcome please.