pics of the hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its nothing special. i got back from iraq on monday night, so yesterday i started removing the trim and LT badges.

before removing the trim

IMG_1697.jpg

trim off, little residue still to remove

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now the fun part, i got the chevy and tahoe emblem off the hatch, but the tape didnt come off for the most part. i tried the goo- gone and let it sit then used a plastic scraper to try and get it off but as you can see its still there. any ideas for me.

IMG_1724.jpg

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used clear coat safe Bug and Tar remover (You can get it at Wal-Mart)!
Just sprayed it, let it sit there for like 3 hours and came back and sprayed it again and let it sit for like another hour and it will come right off!
Good Luck!

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3M wax and adhesive remover. And a heat gun/hair dryer.

More Important: WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jsho13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I painted my GMC emblem on the back I took it off and ran into the same problem. Try gasoline - no joke it ate that stuff right up and came off pretty effortlessly.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it Ghostface! My education from there helps to feed my truck and 'Hoe mod addiction!

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so after 5 hrs of soaking with bug and tar remover it was still being a pita, so i used wd 40 with it and a razor. theres some small scratches now but hopefully they can be buffed out.