PO446 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright so my 02 tahoe 5.3 flex is throwing a P0446 code and i was wondering what i need to order to fix the problem. i have replaced the intake manifold gasket(different code) and the vent solenoid on the intake. i thought the solenoid would fix the code but didnt. i think its the vent valve in the tank. either way ill be buying a new gas cap cause of the tether. chevy said the cap wasnt bad tho

YAYSTA

Reaction score
i think its the vent valve in the tank. either way ill be buying a new gas cap cause of the tether. chevy said the cap wasnt bad tho

P0466 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit Malfunction

yea i would say most likely the vent valve, might be blocked

im new here but i notice not many people here are diy mechanic's more of a custom mod forum not a bad thing though

tspain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you drive in a dusty/dirty enviroment, the EVAP canister vent valve can become blocked with dirt and crud.

There is a TSB out for it. #04-06-04-055A. Check the vent valve and make sure it's not plugged up. If it is, you'll need a new valve P/N 10382105
and a new bracet for the valve, P/N 15105605.

I can't be for sure if this is your problem, but it won't hurt to check anyway.

The vent valve is on the side of the gas tank in the back. It has a little red/blue 2-way connector on it.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright thanx, i think im gonna order the new vent valve. btw where exactly is the canister located?

tspain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be on the rear of the gas tank closer to the driveshaft. I'll double check to be sure.....

Attachments

• ventvalve.gif
    ventvalve.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 35

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the canister is where? btw im going to order the vent too soon and was wondering who i should order from. i looked on rock auto but im pretty sure they dont have the valve.

tspain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not on the gas tank, sorry about that. It's number 1 on the picture above. I'm not 100% sure but according to the pic, that should be on of the crossmembers toward the rear of the truck. Maybe right in front of the gas tank?

I'll check a vehicle tomorrow on the rack at work and let you know for sure. I'll try and get a pic also.